Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

wow 550 euro is about 780aud which is about 20% cheaper, ks there a way to pay in euro to slp official site or i in australia must pay us? They dont mark down the price either so it will be subject to 30% tax

2. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

Yes. I got a contact of a SA when I traveled to Paris. I can buy from the store through him and pay the VAT-exempted euro price, i.e. Retail price divided by 1.2, plus shipping fee. The only risk is that I need to send him photos of my credit card(front and back) and passport. My country is import tax free for consumers, And I don't know the tax issue of other country. This indeed provide me a proxy business opportunity, but I'm lazy. LOL

3. slann01

slann01 Senior member

They look awesome Prudy! Do you think for a smaller guy like me the zipper placement would make me shorter? I wear a 27/28 in SLP denim.

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Good question, not sure. I was just measuring the crotch on these (size 29) and they actually are just a hair shorter rise than my raw hem denim from SS15, aka, they aren't exactly low rise, they are sort of mid rise-ish (9.5 inches or about 24cm). My SS15 raw hems are about 10".

As I understand it mid rise is typically somewhere around 9-11" and low rise is about 8". I think the intent is to wear them up a bit as the zips should not be going across your thigh too low. The SS15 raw hems always struck me as more mid rise and they actually work well when worn that way.

I'm not sure how SLP determines their rise sizing but it seems to me that even the low rise jeans are more of a mid rise. So, the new season mid rise are actually almost high rise :)

Anyway, point being - these are 'low rise' but fit a bit more like a mid rise and (I think) look better when pulled up a bit. Check the LVR pic for reference, but yeah - I think if you wear these too low or are maybe under 5' 10ish you might be asking for trouble.

I think this dude is pretty tall, actually - maybe 6' 1" or 2". I'm exactly 6' FYI.

Edit: One other thing - I don't think the zip detail denim excels w/ sneakers, at least a 2" heel make them look sleek as hell. So, at least a santiag or wyatt, etc. but they look killer w/ the FW15/16 french boots.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  5. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah the low rise aren't really a low rise. The AW 13 15.5 cm raw black jeans have a 25 cm front rise in size 29, so these zip ones you have are a little lower. What I noticed on the SS 14 and AW 14 versions of the black, is that the rise was exactly the same as the AW 13 ones, but the thigh was cut larger so they naturally sat at a higher position (about an inch higher). Because of this the AW 13 ones look low rise, and the SS 14 onwards ones look mid, or even kind of high. Haven't had time to try this season's low rise D02 yet as it only arrived this morning, but I'm hoping they might be somewhere in the middle, otherwise I might as well not bother keeping my pre-order for the mid waists.

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ looking forward to hearing what the ones you have are like, kieran...

7. Sonderist

Sonderist Senior member

Looking to get some of the Santiag boots from this season, how is the sizing?

8. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Just received these new shits :)

9. dr1248

dr1248 Senior member

10. therattler

therattler Senior member

icvcss is that blue flannel oversized or a normal fit? a fit pic would really be appreciated

11. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

I was wondering the same with that flannel.

Also, anyone check the NY boutiques for fall arrivals? My SA said just shirts last I spoke to them. I want to see outerwear and footwear.

12. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

It is officially said a oversized shirt but I doubt.
    This one in XS is about the same size as my other shirts in 38.
    I owned this(click me) in size 38 before which was way bigger than my new blue one.

13. therattler

therattler Senior member

awesome, i look forward to it showing up in my local boutique so i can try it on.

14. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

I saw the blue one in Ave Montaigne last week, it looked great - the blue is very vibrant, though I didn't try it on.

I have the nashville one on pre-order, hope it arrives before October!

[​IMG]

15. mcking

mcking Senior member

Awesome shirts icvcss! What is the material composition on the paint splatter and the blue flannel?