Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

did it sell well?

wasnt anything / very very few things you couldnt buy in the sale / sold out, that i saw.
    unless thats with EVERYONE ordering too much, i dont know...

2. scanner

scanner Senior member

SS15 sold pretty well, not like previous seasons, but still surprisingly good, at least for the first few months. The issue lies in that they produced so many pieces of items people didn't want vs what people did want. As far as i've been told, this is mainly why the upcoming seasons will have so many flannels, jeans and sneakers and especially why they were the focus of the current runway.

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I wonder if it gets annoying for Hedi that his business is still selling jeans and sneakers, assuming the above is correct.

4. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

That's not good to hear. The way it's going we're going to end up with 50 different types of plaid shirts, varsity jackets, ripped / biker jeans and wyatt boots every season (and of course the blood luster t-shirt re-issued and bought by every major retailer every season until we're all sick of seeing it). I know they have to make money which allows them to do all the other stuff which doesn't sell in such high quantities, but it's kind of annoying as you see a lot of the buy at some places being taken up by these kind of items, with buyers unwilling to take a chance on new items - for example LVR have about 4 different wyatt boots, but only 2 of the French (and no 6 cm or 4.5 cm versions at all). Likewise they have several ripped / biker jeans but were unwilling to try the mid-waist (which were only worn by practically every model on the runway!).

5. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Random but I just realized I used to play shows with Dionyso frequently in Seattle. We weren't friends but were acquaintances and we opened for his band many times (Old Time Relijun). I also used to film bands coming through town for a local website/show and we filmed them often as well. This was back about 10 years ago.

Anyway...funny, I didn't even realize he was one of the artists being used by Hedi in SS15, etc: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/...de-dionyso-trance-dancers-saint-laurent/?_r=0

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015

7. therattler

therattler Senior member

You know I don't mind that there is a sort of SL template.

8. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Ur joking about that destroyed pair right? Maybe its just that pair thats so bad or something? If its like that im not buying it if it is llike luisa i bu my 100%

9. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

yeah that destroyed pair looks pretty terrible, hard to see paying close to $1k for that.

10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I thought the price went up on the distroyed because they wanted to better control the quality of the pairs? Those look like a step back. Not worth the price. They look like some Zara jeans.

11. scanner

scanner Senior member

In all fairness, I went to Zara the other day just to compare as a joke and the Jeans there are laughably unfashionable. Awful fits, weird thick cotton. Very uninspiring. I think we should see these jeans on. I bet if the intended fit is close to achievable, we'd all get a very different reaction. Remember the first AW collection people dismissed the rips as lazy grunge and they're staples. If Hedi is doing something right with the brand, its jeans.

Also, while I didn't love the new collection.. In fact I thought it was downright cheap and H&M looking, I can't help but go back to thinking about how good it is. The Undercover / NN / DH style distressed flannels might be pretty amazing. The Suits with the slits in the middle kind of have a goth ninja layering vibe to them but tastefully done in a casual way. I don't know. I look at what other designers are doing and no one is really doing anything i'd like to wear all day from going down the street to get a cup of coffee or grab a bite at nobu at night. We all the know the quality and fit are going to be on point regardless of it being loose and laid back. I know 6 months from now I'll be thanking Hedi.

12. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

I don't know if that was the only pair looks terrible or not, and maybe just like 14fw blue destroyed that the distress effect vary a lot. But the SA knows my size(29) and that are the only photos he sent me. Will check out my local SL boutique (not in France) on Friday for the jeans.

Really hope that the blue ones will be as good as 13fw.

13. linstar

linstar Senior member

I think that's just how they are. I saw a pair of blue destroyeds at barneys yesterday and that's what the distressing looked like also.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015

14. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

maybe i should save my $956 when they drop i'll ask LVR to send some pics, ssense will probably have em too they have better drops than porter

15. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

hmm the destroyed jeans look pretty good to me, pictures courtesy of barneys/saks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On another note, what do people think of the zip wallet/cardholder combination? I'm looked at the grained black leather version and the black croc embossed version. confused as to why the grained leather is £5 more expensive (£175 vs £170 for the grained version) - I thought the croc was more desireable:

[​IMG]
    http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...-leather_cod22000225ap.html#dept=leather_men_

[​IMG]

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...-leather_cod22000562eo.html#dept=leather_men_