Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

guys, don't forget this was a runway show.. not the entire collection. the theme was a "tribute to contemporary california surf music culture" with an obvious nod to cobain's infamous grunge style. tailored structured items would have been really odd within that concept but rest assured there will be boots, suits & skinny jeans galore when the collection hits stores. i think hedi was just having a bit of fun and letting loose (no pun intended) now that the label is doing well, permanent collection steady and pressure probably lowered.. also keep in mind SS is usually more light-hearted then FW..

2. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Very well reasoned post.

3. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

yeah, i think hedi was having art day basically. with all the embroidered jackets etc. and good for him, he deserves it with all the shit he takes :)

4. FluffyTail

FluffyTail Member

Has anyone gotten the leopard coat for fall? Any thoughts on fit/quality/style? Seems like that piece is flying out the store, especially in smaller sizes!

[​IMG]

5. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

6. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

I tried that coat on over the weekend at Barneys. It was amazing and honestly for $2100 it's a good deal, I was expecting $5k+

7. JackoDo

JackoDo Senior member

Hey guys,

If I'm looking for a great pair of longterm derbys, are SLP's worth investing in? Can't find much info on them online, and I'm just assuming, for the most part, that they're all GYW, etc.... What are your experiences? Should I get a pair of Saint Laurent derbys or perhaps some derbys by a different brand?

8. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

I know it's been mentioned before... but do you any of you guys add a vibram sole and heel on your Wyatt boots ? Would it ruin the sleekness or ?

I have CCP tornados and have rubber soles added

9. linstar

linstar Senior member

Tried on the leopard coat at barneys too today. Was super comfortable and the material was quite nice. Definitely a steal at 2k. Thought it would be $5k+ also. It did fit really big on me though. I tried on the 46 and would probably need a 42 or smaller.

10. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ yeah my understanding on that coat is that it is really oversized, LVR still has at least one 44 and 46...

I also tried on some overcoats at the boutique on Saturday and the sizes are, like usual, all over the map. The fits were all great, but - for example, I had to go down to a size 46 in the black chesterfield from FW15/16, but the duffle peacoat was fitted at size 48. They didn't have any of the animal-print coats in stock but the SA said I'd probably need a 44.

11. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

the black chesterfield with cut out velvet collar ? or the one with the odd collar / lapels?

not good that the sizing / cut is shit. you can want items but then the cut isnt good / skinny, so it limits what you can buy.

12. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

That one isn't produced yet but it's the same coat w/out the velvet collar, essentially. Diagonal wool cut.

Read again, I didn't say cuts were shit - the opposite, so far the cuts have been great but sizing applied to individual pieces, as usual, is a bit random aka you might take a 46 in one style but a 48 in another. The animal-print (non-chesterfield) coat appears to be purposely made more oversized.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  13. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I like the oversized shape on the animal coat pictured above. I really think they got it right this time, at least on the runway, unlike AW 14 where some of the oversized looks just looked big. It kind of reminds me of the women's oversized coats that I see around, which are often cut really well despite often being from the high-street. The balance with the skinny jeans and French boots looks great.

Prudy that black overcoat sounds similar to the AW 14 black one which was also made from that diagonal wool. It was big and long on me at size 48. Even sleeves were too long. Maybe it's a re-issue of that one, or maybe they have them left over. I posted a few pages back about how I looked like a kid wearing my Dad's jacket or something when I tried it.

14. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

It's totally possible but it didn't fit like an incorrectly sized coat - aka, the 46 fit me perfectly, the cut, sleeve length, etc. was spot on. I'm pretty sure it was a recently produced coat but perhaps it is just a standard chesterfield. The SA said that it was the essentially the same coat as the velvet collar but perhaps it is more of a permanent collection type of piece.

I agree that the animal-print coat looks good a bit oversized, works well with the boots, etc. and I think the intended effect is more of a pseudo-fur look.

15. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

yeah, sorry. i meant cuts were shit on a lot of last / this seasons items...sleeves way too long / body too short etc.

that plain chesterfield, dont like the material (the diagonal wool), quite itchy too.
    they should have stuck with the original velvet collar one (came plain collar too).

the grey one wasnt skinny fit and pockets were vertical. ruined a nice coat.

best coat this season looks the double breasted long one.
    that leopard one is nice but probably flying out because people can tell its saint laurent / cheaper.