Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

The end of skinny jeans? Jeans are very cropped too. Might involve tailoring for most to get that fit. Like some of the shirts. Interested in seeing some of the sneakers. Ripped jeans might be a challenge for us shorter people with the looser cut.

2. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Does it really matter? Now fashion and style have detailed shots/HD pics

3. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Fashion channels will have it usually I use fatalefashionlli or something like that, they are kinda slow this season though.

The official site also will have it but takes longer.

bottoms have always been cropped on the runway.

distressed sneakers probably gonna be like $2000 haha

yes because watching video how the clothing moves with the wearer (especially for womens wear or nice fabrics like Valentino) and also in real life is much different, otherwise everyone will just do showroom presentations and not fashion shows.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015

4. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

What I meant was the videos give you a good enough idea of how the fabrics are moving IMO. But to see further detail you just go and peep the pics.

It's a weird set up but I think it works. It can be better but not by much. It gives you a good idea

5. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

6. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

It's also on their YouTube, videos often don't like to work well for me on their site.

[​IMG]

After seeing it in motion I'm liking it a bit more, I think a lot of it is stuff I won't buy but there'll probably be a few pieces I end up getting.

7. unouomedude

unouomedude Member

16SS is fire, I really want the basics (denim, tees, shirts) from this collection. I'm not a big fan of all the embellished outerwear. This collection is very wearable and on par with AW13 and reminds me a lot of Dior Homme 05SS aka "Beck".

8. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

A lot of nice pieces in there.

9. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Having now had the chance to watch the show and view the pics on a normal-sized screen, I agree with neon the collection is crazy fun and it has a very healthy dose of F U.

Those 70s conversion van, airbrush-painted bombers are pretty hilarious. Bombers look stupid on me and I don't wear sneaks but I think others will enjoy. I love the sunset colours and the cardigans/jackets. I love anything Hawaiian.

The only element I don't quite get is the denim used - it looks really out of place to me in the collection, almost an afterthought. It would have been cool to see the patchwork/thrift element in some of the denim a bit more, I think, and less black.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015

10. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

I
    I agree it did remind me of DH.

11. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

After looking at more detailed pictures I still love this collection, and it's quite a change which is refreshing. I have to be honest though - I was selfishly hoping for a summer version of AW 15 because that's how I dress myself, or even a skinhead / ska influenced collection like SS 2006 after seeing the recent campaign.

I really like the frayed edge jeans with the sneakers. I liked this in the SS15 campaign with the white star low top sneakers, but nice to see it on the runway. A lot of models look to be wearing a new cut of jeans with a mild flair (looks milder with them being cropped), could be the Miles jean, but doubt it considering they went on sale - I like these a lot. There are still black skinny jeans on there as well, they just don't look as skinny as they're cropped and not having to fit over boots (see SS 14 and AW 14 where the jeans look pretty similar in many cases). The leather jeans are perfectly tailored but not my thing. I still think the blue ripped dad jeans are awful.

The plain sneakers are pretty meh. Might as well just get vans old skools or sk8-his as they look pretty similar. The dirty used look has been done better by Ann Dem. in my opinion. I do like the ones with the multi-coloured laces, as well as the checkerboard ones with the gold laces, but wouldn't wear either as I'm not really a sneakers person, and the few occasions I do wear them basic authentics / slip ons do the job fine for me.

Patch work and embroidered jackets are super-cool, but again not something I'd wear. I'm getting kind of tired of varsity jackets as well to be honest. The blazers could maybe have worked better (and likely be more commercially successful) if they were closer fitting a la SS 2005, but I still like the looks, especially with the oversized knits and shirts (as neonrider pointed out the destroyed plaid shirts are nice and sure to sell well, I also really like the frayed hem pleated shirt).

I like the capsule buckle belt from SS 2015 womenswear, but that's just lazy putting that on. Accessories I will be buying though are the socks - love them, especially the black and ivory striped ones below (but probably the red and black and the thin striped grey / black ones too):

[​IMG]

I like the red and white striped singlets too, hopefully they'll be offered in a basic crew too.

12. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Forgot to mention - that patterned jumper Jack Kilmer (think it's him) is wearing is amazing. Easier to pull off than the multi-coloured jackets as well.

[​IMG]

13. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

As an aside, anyone else notice the bad fits on LVR for FW? That dude they are using with the long hair - they have him in a size too small in many pieces lol:

[​IMG]

14. jsimonovis413

jsimonovis413 Senior member

Am I the only who thinks this collection is awful? The reason I say that is because none of the pieces are really memorable. You can trade any of these pieces for a random clothing item from a thrift shop and get the exact same effect. Idk, I guess I prefer the tailored structured pieces.

15. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

My least favorite collection. A couple of the more staid leathers looked cool to me, but everything else looked dumpster-esque. For the first time in a while I much preferred the Dior Homme show.