Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

yeah this is all feels very hedi to me (beanies remind me of DH FW05, white lowtops SS04).. personally i'm glad he's finally moving away from the skin tight look & heels. was starting to feel very contrived imo.. the trucker hat is definitely a big no no but it's nice to see some playfulness (remember the roller skates?) and there are some really covetable pieces here & there.. overall very wearable collection

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015

2. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

I enjoyed it , it will be good to see the hi-res video when it is done.

Cool/crazy to see all sneakers and no boots but it totally makes sense for the collection. One thing that jumped out at me was just how young the looks are, the youngest yet to my eyes.

I agree it has a complete Cali surf/skate punk thing, like LA or maybe Santa Cruz kids, and some even more suburban disaffected Orange County vibes as well. The Americana was over the top with the spraypaint satin, fringe and icons. Super Western USA vibe across the board I think.

Looking forward to seeing the pics/video on a bigger screen than my phone :)

3. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

Not my thing, so I can buy as much as I want in 2015fw.

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

5. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

did he take a bow?

6. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

lol, the trucker hat is pretty wack. i'm not a sneaker guy either. the centerpiece of this collection are obviously the jackets, with their elaborate finishing. interesting.

i probably won't grab a lot, but i dig the destroyed flannels.

and yeah the looks are suuuuper young. like pre-teen some of them.

7. scanner

scanner Senior member

I think it's kind of cool that no one would think of going this far style wise for a high fashion house. The collection is so thrift / so cal poor delinquent that it makes all the more sense for the house to push this, especially since the clientele is now shifting their desire to stand out with their wealth and blend in more. This is for the Rich Kids of Los Feliz, Beachwood and Venice. Interesting to note that Lucia Ribisi, daughter of Giovanni Ribisi and Beck's Neice did the art for most of the collection.

8. scanner

scanner Senior member

Also wanted to thank Prudy for the link to YSL Twitter. The close ups show some pretty incredible work that i've rarely seen. The embroidery and various elements, snake, etc to produce these pieces is quite remarkable. Even though I can't get behind a lot of these, it's all pretty impressive.

9. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

I'm really disappointed by this collection, I guess it has the potential to grow on me but at the moment there's nothing I really like.

10. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Glad to contribute :)

If you read down the tweets you'll see the artist info and inspirations as well, all good info!

Even though the collection will probably be too young for me to wear, I love those embroidered pieces. One of my favorite things Hedi has been doing is experimenting with proportions and design a la cardigans/blazers/coats. I hope he continues to creatively contort and blur the lines on those types of pieces.

FYI as an interesting aside, talking with the manager at Ave Montaigne this weekend he mentioned that part of the reason pieces have been produced here and there in SS15 and the upcoming FW15/16 season is that Hedi has been sourcing materials and production outside of the usual YSL avenues. For example, I saw quite a few items made in Japan (a leather tie I purchased and some raw denim shirts to name a few) and he seems to be looking East more for various reasons. Makes me wonder if some of those SS16 pieces will have different origins as well.

11. sargeinaz

sargeinaz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I just want this jacket to come back. I'm still upset I never bought it. It's my favorite leather jacket ever. As much as i love the biker, that style doesn't suit me as well as some of the guys here.

12. Afraaz Ahmed

Afraaz Ahmed New Member

I have some black classic SLP hightops that I've worn well over the years and are in need of a good cleaning. Has anyone polished their sneakers themselves and have any tips? My local shoe repair stores have inconsistent reviews and I don't want to risk ruining them

13. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

I hate how they edit the SLP video for the shows, why make split screen you can't see anything and by the time you can see it (the view that has the model infront of camera) its too late because they turn around after 0.7 seconds can't see any detail.
    And its not even true HD..

14. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

Yeh people have been complaining about that for ages they should just do a single camera at a time with lots of close ups for seeing the details.

15. scanner

scanner Senior member

Where are you seeing the video?