Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. therattler

therattler Senior member

2. Ryan Waldron

Ryan Waldron New Member

Got a saint laurent teddy from ss15 if anyones interested bnwt, bag & hanger in light virgin wool. £825 shipped (located in the uk)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015

3. slann01

slann01 Senior member

First pics on Nowfashion. Kurt Cobain influence really strong with those cardigans and sunglasses. Maybe the first collection without any runway boots??
    [​IMG]

4. scanner

scanner Senior member

Yeah Kurt Cobain and Beck.. Definitely 90's.. Pretty lazy though. Some cool pieces but not the refined and sharp tailoring of the past few seasons.

5. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

6. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Kurt cobain collection lol

7. therattler

therattler Senior member

its like a weird fucking resort cobain collection

8. scanner

scanner Senior member

I guess its safe to say we shouldn't expect skinny jeans in SS16 lol.. The models look shockingly unskinny and normal for Hedi's standards. Wonder if the advertisement ban has something to do with it.

9. slann01

slann01 Senior member

It seems the majority of the models are the same from previous runway shows - the fact is, they don't have heels anymore and some of the jeans look to be the 17.5 hem model or even the 19 cm....don't know how to feel about the collection as now.

10. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

The styling is very lazy/drug look...so I wouldn't think skinny jeans which would look sharp on the models would really complete the look

11. Jasonronn

Jasonronn Senior member

Not sure how to feel about the jeans/shoes, but some of those colorful sweaters and jackets are beautiful.

12. scanner

scanner Senior member

Also, so many hats. Winter beanies in Summer. lol.

Most of the items are already available to buy anyway, it could just be sloppy styling. This still reinforces my thinking that Hedi is not as involved in the brand as we may think and there is a team working on items based on his references or ideas similar to what Margiela's team did with the brand.

13. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

the models are mostly the same, the cuts are just more relaxed, this is a surf punk collection, so obviously they would be. it's not my thing but the construction of this stuff is beautiful. hedi still calls all the shots, down to the minute details.

personally i think it's nice to see a more relaxed, colorful, fun collection. especially when most menswear is doing either boring trad or dour goth ninja.

14. ryansmith

ryansmith Senior member

Might be the best one yet.

15. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I love it, but won't be wearing much at all as it's about as far from my style that you can get. That's fine for me anyway as it will give me a chance to catch up on bits and pieces I want from the permanent collection. I'm sure lots of things will grow on me by the time it all gets to stores.

Yeah casting is the same and the models are just as skinny, the clothes are just looser, they don't have heels, and there's lots of layering. Some of the jeans are still skinny and I prefer those looks along with the looks with what looks to be either the 17.5 cm black jeans or some kind of slightly flared cropped jeans (those jeans are one of the few things I'd buy based on first impressions), but I don't like the blue ripped jeans at this stage. The caps are awful.