1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

skinny fit is pretty tight through the body, the sleeves less so. the fit is almost exactly like hedi's old inverted collar shirts for dior if you have those around for reference. it's way (way) narrower than the boxy fit of the silk shirts (and other regular cut shirts), i can barely fit into the skinny fit in my normal size. but i got chubby :)

2. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

They guy had a 48, it was a private sale. Honestly, I probably could have fit into the 46 but only with a button down underneath. I loved the fit of the coat, actually - had a nice fluidity to it, the wool was nice and the sand shade of the leopard print is perfect. Sucks, I wish it was not damaged...I might go for the new animal print coat instead, going to try some stuff on this weekend. I have a few pairs of the new mid-rise raws set aside for me at the boutique and hoping to try some of the knits. I don't think any of the boots have arrived yet and they have very few overcoats, unfortunately...I think some of that stuff starts to show up next week and the week after.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015

3. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

@neonrider I love the skinny fit on the animal print shirts, I have one. I like the normal boxy fit as well, but those 'skinny' versions tuck in and fit under a jacket perfectly.

4. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

see that's because you're still skinny :)

that coat was a great piece, i almost got it at 70% off but changed my mind, still kicking myself.

i have a skinny fit baby cat shirt in the beige/champagne color (39, bnwt) which i'm letting go, pm me if anyone's interested. also studded army derbies (43) and black wyatt harness boots (43).

5. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

^^ lol, I'm a ticking time bomb, though.

Yeah, I'm really not happy that the coat was so f'd up. It really was pretty perfect, if maybe a tad large for me. I would have kept it, anyway...maybe a 46 would have been better, I don't know. Either way, I now don't have an animal-print overcoat and I'm going to have to rectify that immediately.

This one from FW15 looks cool, it's the same cut as the wool/velvet collar. I guess the cuts on these are super skinny. I talked w/ someone at LVR about sizing and they said they got skinnier models for the pics this season because the cuts were smaller, lol.

[​IMG]

6. kieran84

kieran84 Senior Member

So the mid waist jeans have arrived in Paris then? Should mean mine will be on the way soon then I guess. I'm really looking forward to getting those after seeing the campaign. Have you gone with 29? I was in two minds between 28 and 29 but went with 29 in the end.

I really like this seasons animal print coat - I think he really got the boxy fit right on that one and it goes great with the new pointed French boots. I didn't really think that they got it right on the AW 14 ones that I tried, nor on the runway presentation. They just looked kind of big to me.

I've made an enquiry about the campaign blazer, so hopefully that will be another possibility for me. I'll report back if I hear anything.

7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior Member

They're not very sheer at all. Just a little, and only in certain lighting. I'm pretty conservative in what I'll wear, so if I'm comfortable with them then almost anyone would be.

8. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

^^ they are getting them, yeah - Saturday, I think....

I went with 29 - the SA I talked with said they were skinny but a tiny bit bigger in the waist so he had to size down, so I think they are similar to the D02 raws from AW13. I'll have to see when I get there, I'm guessing they might feel a bit bigger in the waist because of the rise, essentially.

I will report back with any other interesting finds :)

9. kieran84

kieran84 Senior Member

Cheers.

On another note, I'm really liking this black and ivory wide neck knit. I'd prefer a crew neck as I don't usually like wide necks, but I really like the look of this one. I know we both have a pretty similar crew neck from SS 14 in black and ivory stripes, so you might like this one as well. I'm either going to go with this one or the red and black crew - haven't decided yet:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.barneys.com/saint-laurent-striped-raglan-sweater-504084353.html

10. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

Yeah, I've been eyeing that one :) I keep asking myself, though, when does it get weird having this many striped SLP garments?? The texture on that sweater looks fantastic...looks a lot like that SS14 one we have, yeah.

11. kieran84

kieran84 Senior Member

I know the feeling. My wardrobe is practically full of nothing but plain black knits and t-shirts, and striped knits and t-shirts.

12. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

man when you guys get fat like me the stripes are gonna make you look EXTRA wide :) :)

looking fwd to hearing your take on the new season stuff prudy!!

13. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

Going by the boutique tomorrow, will let you know!

14. needhelp123

needhelp123 Distinguished Member

Will the black FW15 destroyed jeans fit true?

Also FW15 low top sneakers the YSL site says size down one, i have two pairs size 10 which i went true do i listen to YSL, did they change sizing?

15. sliq

sliq Distinguished Member

gentlemen, where would be the best place online to find a pair of women's Saint Laurent nude pumps/heels? i'm looking for a pair of matte ones in particular, such as these. most of the ones i've been seeing are patent.