Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

@Prudy, where'd you get your rug?

2. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

If anyone has this shirt in M and wants to sell it/ knows where to find one PM me!

[​IMG]

3. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Oh, ha - IKEA IIRC!

4. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Damn that's a shame. I guess all the pins that were over it are the ones sold on the official site right? more or less

5. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Got the leopard-print chesterfield from '14 - it was perfect but I have to send it back because it was sitting in a basement and it's got a mildew thing going on. Dude was super cool, so he's refunding me but still sucks, it's a great overcoat.

7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I think it was the rattler that asked me to let them know what I think of the black pocket t shirt when it arrives. I actually think the same as you - nothing at all special. I didn't really like the thick washed out fabric as it looks very casual, but more than that it was the fit that put me off. The length is good, the width is good and the sleeves are good, but the shoulder seams are too narrow for me and kind of end up on top of my shoulders which doesn't look good, whereas with the silk t shirts (and several other t shirts) their out at the edge of my shoulders which looks far more aesthetically pleasing. I don't know who it would fit well, as I don't really have wide shoulders for my size or anything. Maybe a large would work for me, but I doubt it.

8. BruceWayne91

BruceWayne91 Well-Known Member

did you go with the 48 or 46?

9. therattler

therattler Senior member

thanks man. you're right about the fabric, it almost looks cheap. I guess i'll suck it up and look into getting a black silk t

10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

You won't regret getting one of the black silk crew neck t's as they fit great and dress up really nicely - just a little more delicate and more difficult to care for than cotton. I also have the black silk v-neck which doesn't seem to be as popular as the crew, but is also very nice. The fit of the silks hasn't been changed yet which is good, but who knows how long that will last.

It's a real shame that they didn't just carry over the cotton pocket t-shirts from AW 13 as the fit of those was really cool. My favourite was the grey one in the kind of aged cotton (there were two versions - one aged and one in basic cotton), and I actually had two of them. Unfortunately I decided to sell one and then ended up spilling guiness all over the one I kept. I learned my lesson after that and now tend to double up on things I like when I can.

11. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ I have the V-neck blk silk Ts as well, love 'em. Will pick up a few crew necks at some point, they look great under a blazer or leather and are nice and cropped. Fit is perfect on those IME.

12. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

there are two models of crew neck silk tees, normal and (quite a huge) boat neck. be careful when buying, it's hard to tell online. same with baby cat and other classic shirts, there are now regular fit and skinny fit.

13. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Prudy yeah the silks look great under a blazer:

[​IMG]

14. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Also the grey silk t shirts, while a really nice colour, strangely have a much wider neck than the black, even though they have the same style ID except for the colour code.

What is the skinny fit like by the way? Is it just tight all over? I like the fit of the regular shirts in the shoulders, chest, and arms, but they're too big in the waist to tuck in without them billowing out too much.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015

15. therattler

therattler Senior member

how sheer are the silk tees?