Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

This is a long shot but does anyone here happen to have this bolo tie from '14 and wants to sell it or isn't using it? I missed out on it and have been trying to track one down for a long time, but to no avail...

[​IMG]

2. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

I saw it in late March in Japan Kobe outlet. Maybe you can contact them a call see if it is still available and they can ship to you.

3. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Anyone have any info about the two button blazer in the campaign? I'm really liking it combined with the mid waist jeans, and have been looking for the right blazer for a while. I'm just wondering if it's maybe the classic 2 button from the permanent collection or if it's a special one for this season - I'm thinking it's maybe a little longer than the classic one, and it would be unusual if they featured something so strongly in the campaign that is part of the permanent collection. But on the other hand there was no two button blazer on the runway, nor is there one available at any of the online retailers so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

That's interesting because it's a notched lapel and not too cropped as you mentioned - almost looks like the same length as the SS14 blazers that were about 8-10cm longer than normal. Or maybe just looks less cropped because of the mid-rise denim?

Interesting, it does look great.

@icvcss thanks for the lead I will look into it...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  5. therattler

therattler Senior member

I was told today that the new blazers are actually quite short. plus you can see in the photo that they barely go past the dudes wrist

6. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Thanks guys. Prudy I'm thinking it might just be the mid-rise denim that makes it look longer, as the rattler said it doesn't go much beyond his wrist. Looks pretty much the same as the classic 2 button cut, just seems unusual to feature it so prominently in the campaign and not some other more seasonal item. Either way I really like the proportion with the mid waist jeans. If the mid waist jeans work out for me when they arrive, I think I'll try and get one of these blazers to go with them.

Here's the cut of the classic two button ones - looks pretty similar:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I liked those longer blazers from SS14 as well Prudy. I wanted the black 3 button one, but nowhere bought it.

8. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Yeah I picked one of those runway blazers up from SS14, it is one of my favorites. It's a black 'slubbed' wool, basically a peak lapel smoking jacket that is about 10cm longer than normal. I had to size down to a 46 to get it to fit right but the 46 fit just like a skinny 48.

It's lined except for the back panel, so it has a bit of a slack that's cool and it is not as warm, so perfect for spring/summer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. therattler

therattler Senior member

Very cool, prudy. I have the classic shawl collared tuxedo jacket, as well as the SS14 leather lapel one, which is slightly longer than the permanent collection shawl. I never really get to wear them day to day (despite being favourites of mine), so am also thinking about getting one of the standard blazers. They always look dope on the SAs in store.

10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Very nice Prudy. I like the length a lot.

11. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ I know, the one I wear the most is actually my permanent collection blazer which is very plain, but it has the gold hardware. I think it's essentially the stock wool/gaberdine blazer but with the metal hardware, it is basically perfect and goes with everything...elevates every look. almost.

The SAs do always look good in them for sure.

12. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Rattler, I agree the standard blazers look good on many of the SAs. I like both the 2 and the 3 button versions.

13. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Definitely looks good on you Prudy - unfortunately i usually have to avoid longer blazers due to my height, and I was always tempted by the colored teddy boy blazers from fw14.
    What about the fw15 leather jacket with all the enamel pins on it? is there already a site that stocks it?

14. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I'm not sure, but I remember somebody on another forum saying that it's not going into production with the pins because it would be so expensive, so they only offered it without. That could be wrong though.

15. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

It's coming out just not with the pins on it