• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prudy

Reaction score
This is a long shot but does anyone here happen to have this bolo tie from '14 and wants to sell it or isn't using it? I missed out on it and have been trying to track one down for a long time, but to no avail...

icvcss

Reaction score
I saw it in late March in Japan Kobe outlet. Maybe you can contact them a call see if it is still available and they can ship to you.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any info about the two button blazer in the campaign? I'm really liking it combined with the mid waist jeans, and have been looking for the right blazer for a while. I'm just wondering if it's maybe the classic 2 button from the permanent collection or if it's a special one for this season - I'm thinking it's maybe a little longer than the classic one, and it would be unusual if they featured something so strongly in the campaign that is part of the permanent collection. But on the other hand there was no two button blazer on the runway, nor is there one available at any of the online retailers so far.

Prudy

Reaction score
That's interesting because it's a notched lapel and not too cropped as you mentioned - almost looks like the same length as the SS14 blazers that were about 8-10cm longer than normal. Or maybe just looks less cropped because of the mid-rise denim?

Interesting, it does look great.

@icvcss thanks for the lead I will look into it...

Last edited:

therattler

Reaction score
I was told today that the new blazers are actually quite short. plus you can see in the photo that they barely go past the dudes wrist

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Prudy I'm thinking it might just be the mid-rise denim that makes it look longer, as the rattler said it doesn't go much beyond his wrist. Looks pretty much the same as the classic 2 button cut, just seems unusual to feature it so prominently in the campaign and not some other more seasonal item. Either way I really like the proportion with the mid waist jeans. If the mid waist jeans work out for me when they arrive, I think I'll try and get one of these blazers to go with them.

Here's the cut of the classic two button ones - looks pretty similar:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked those longer blazers from SS14 as well Prudy. I wanted the black 3 button one, but nowhere bought it.

Prudy

Reaction score
Yeah I picked one of those runway blazers up from SS14, it is one of my favorites. It's a black 'slubbed' wool, basically a peak lapel smoking jacket that is about 10cm longer than normal. I had to size down to a 46 to get it to fit right but the 46 fit just like a skinny 48.

It's lined except for the back panel, so it has a bit of a slack that's cool and it is not as warm, so perfect for spring/summer.

Last edited:

therattler

Reaction score
Very cool, prudy. I have the classic shawl collared tuxedo jacket, as well as the SS14 leather lapel one, which is slightly longer than the permanent collection shawl. I never really get to wear them day to day (despite being favourites of mine), so am also thinking about getting one of the standard blazers. They always look dope on the SAs in store.

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ I know, the one I wear the most is actually my permanent collection blazer which is very plain, but it has the gold hardware. I think it's essentially the stock wool/gaberdine blazer but with the metal hardware, it is basically perfect and goes with everything...elevates every look. almost.

The SAs do always look good in them for sure.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rattler, I agree the standard blazers look good on many of the SAs. I like both the 2 and the 3 button versions.

slann01

Reaction score
Definitely looks good on you Prudy - unfortunately i usually have to avoid longer blazers due to my height, and I was always tempted by the colored teddy boy blazers from fw14.
What about the fw15 leather jacket with all the enamel pins on it? is there already a site that stocks it?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I remember somebody on another forum saying that it's not going into production with the pins because it would be so expensive, so they only offered it without. That could be wrong though.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads