• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the rayon twill like? I'm interested in the plain black Yves collar one. Is it like the pink rayon shirt from AW 14?

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the campaign photos are so fucken nice **** man how can it be so cool. hedi is the best photographer, I love it all

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
Slann01 being only slightly taller than you I have the same problem as well. I find the shirts are very weirdly sized overall though. I wear a 37 and it fits nicely on the shoulders and around the neck and chest but billows out around the waist and is too long. It's frustrating as I love the shirts but getting them tailored is a pain.

Prudy

Reaction score
Will post a few FW15/16 fit pics today for anyone interested. Here is the merino wool mock turtle neck. It's very nice - soft, fits similar to my '13 permanent collection black merino wool turtle neck, but this one is slightly softer and thicker (sort of a light sweater thickness).

I went with the size M (via online) and it fits well. I could have gone down to a small but it would be super tight, and this style feels a bit more like it wants to be worn alone as well as under a jacket, so the M is great. Still, a S would have worked, too - I think especially if you are a very skinny size 48 or you're chest is particularly small (my ribs are a bit bigger, I think). Arms are high and tight so a size M works better for me in that area as well.

This is always my issue w/ SLP sizing, however, as I seem to be a sometimes 46 and sometimes 48 and sometimes I just have to decide between the two...

Forgive the early morning everything:

Last edited:

mugatu

Reaction score
as cool as the collection/campaign is, it's largely inspired/tributed to sid&nancy imo:

and indeed (skinny braces & mid-rise jeans) recalls some of hedi's own archive:

overall very punk chic :slayer:

Prudy

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely a lux-punk vibe going on, big-time....

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can see that influence, but to me the mid waist jeans, the braces, the check shirt and bomber jacket, the chesterfield (they called them crombies) and one of the models looks are very British late 60s and 70s skinhead.

mugatu

Reaction score
FWIW the pistols also use to wear Chesterfields:

But yeah there is definitely some skinhead references too town in there (ma-1, braces, this seasons doc marten style combat boots..)

Also some Warhol beatnik influence with the mock stripe tops:

slann01

Reaction score
Yeah, wow - you can see it in the sleeve length in particular. What denim are you wearing?
Gap made in Japan always skinny - the turtleneck you bought looks awesome, do you recommend going true to size? maybe I'll pull the trigger on it...

Prudy

Reaction score
Few more FW15/16 fit pics...

Arrow Silk is nice - nothing different than previous silks, this is a 38. I think this one may be a bit shorter, which is good.

The bandana cotton western shirt is exactly what I was hoping for - the cotton is semi-sheer like the permanent collection babycat shirts, but it's a bit softer and it is fitted.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW the pistols also use to wear Chesterfields:

Yeah but not really in the same way. This is very much a ska / skinhead look, not a punk look:

Same for this:

I agree there's a Sid and Nancy feel to it, and the beatnik warhol influence was strong on the runway with the stripes, but to me the skinhead / ska feel is the strongest through this campaign:

therattler

Reaction score
I think what's most interesting is that the punk/skin look (which is a pretty closely related scene anyways) didn't come through at all on the runway.

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ as someone said before, maybe this is part of a transition into SS16 this weekend as well...but, yeah - totally different vibe than the runway.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Definitely a possibility. It's something he hasn't really touched on at all yet at SLP, so he's probably running out of subcultures to do :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads