Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

She wear it a lot like few other celebs, i like her very much, average walk on the runway but still. My favourite it-girl.

For me out of the group (Gigi, Cara, Kendall, Karlie) Karlie definitely has the best walk the others are no match, Cara is alright but nothing special and the other two are so generic and pedestrian, just look at Fall 2015 Balmain.

2. therattler

therattler Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speaking of chesterfields, I want to emulate these looks (esp. the last but with a wool coat) for the coming F/W and I'd really like to rock some of those stained/ripped jeans in the last look. Anyone have a pair from FW13/14 in a size 29?

3. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Just seen that the campaign is up on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ysl?fref=ts

It's okay, not really digging it as much as I liked the runway show and I prefer the women's looks. Very much a British ska skinhead type look (could it be that it's a hint of what we can expect for the upcoming show - a sub-culture he hasn't really touched on since SS 2006).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  4. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

5. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Thanks for posting, man. I agree the woman's collection is great - they have been getting better and better every season. I am still sorta happy but not entirely enthused w/ the FW15/16 collection - maybe seeing it in person will change that but I'm a little underwhelmed by it so far. Maybe that's just because it's June and winter seems soooooo far away right now!!

6. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

This look is great. I like both the mid waist jeans and the jacket here:

[​IMG]

7. scanner

scanner Senior member

I wonder if Hedi is even really doing much designing lately or just gives his atelier references.

I say this because aside from the strong first year and FW14 Mod and SS15 western influence of which most items are not original designs, everything seems to be either the same item with a tweaked design or sizing change.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I haven't seen him make any appearances at any of the runway shows since the first 2 collections, although we know he is there behind the scenes working on the look book and after party photography. During the first year there were quite a few interviews with him, most likely at the insistence of Kering, but these days its all pretty much silent, though he's definitely working non stop photographing nearly every major magazine and making award and ceremony appearances.

8. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

9. therattler

therattler Senior member

fuck those looks are straight down the line punk. made me want to get some hand tats though.

really interested in the mid-rise jeans now.

10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Prudy I'd say that's the same one. Looks shorter though and very slim. I also like the look with the longer blazer and mid waist jeans here - great proportion:

[​IMG]
    That peacoat is AW 14. I tried the same style ID but in a different fabric and the fit was baggy. It's pretty much the same coat as my AW13 one, but cut badly.

Really liking the mid-waist jeans. Very glad I pre-ordered them. Hopefully they'll look something like they do in the photos and not too loose.

11. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Ah, OK - cool. I agree those mid-rise jeans look great, hopefully the cut is great as well.

12. creepinatshirt

creepinatshirt Well-Known Member

Yeah, those mid waist jeans look awesome. Might have to pick up a pair if the cut isnt loose.

13. slann01

slann01 Senior member

New campaign shots are awesome, both men and women. Yesterday i got to try some new shirts from fw 15: I think this viscose twill one is the best i tried, great fabric and great paint splatter print. Only downside, at least for me since I'm 1.73m, is that they made the shirt longer if compared to older collections, and it looks like a dress on me, even if i wear the smallest size (37).
    [​IMG]

14. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Yeah, wow - you can see it in the sleeve length in particular. What denim are you wearing?

15. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

I also saw that shirt in person its really nice fabric