Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Not sure why pictures aren't working for me. It was the black one from AW 13, and the one made from suiting type fabric with leather lapels from SS 14 that I posted pictures of.

Also just to add, it was the black one I tried from AW 14, the leopard one might have been different.

2. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Hey, thanks kieran - I know those jackets, yeah. OK, hmmm...

This is the one I am looking at from FW14, the fit pics I've seen of it do look a bit longer.

The measurements I was given for the particular jacket are 41cm shoulder, 51cm chest. This seems to me like it would be more fitted in the shoulder and a bit boxy through the chest but not too much for a winter coat...for comparison, my SS13 SLP biker which is size 48IT is 41cm shoulder with a 48cm chest, approx.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  3. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

I find it really disappointing about the sizing issues with some of the newer stuff. One of the reasons I got into SLP was for the slim fit of it all, as before I started wearing SLP it was a mission to find anything that fit even remotely well. Luckily with most of the things I've been buying they've fit nicely. I've steered clear of the jeans for the past few seasons though due to complaints I heard about sizing with them, luckily I have 3 pairs of the black aw13 denim but I'm hoping this season the jeans go back to how they were for AW13.

I'm also a bit disappointed with some of the knitwear from this season, it looked promising on the runway but then seeing them with short sleeves puts me off a bit. I did however pre order the red and black sweater as that looks nice, would like to get the black and ivory as well if it's available. I also recently got the navy and ivory cashmere from the permanent collection, really nice sweater in my opinion, I'd like one in plain black as well.
    '
    The other things I've picked up recently are the blood luster t which is on it's way now and the striped linen t from ss15 which I just got today. The linen is really nice it fits quite slim unlike the aw13 cotton/wool blend t that was a tad oversized on me but that was more the intended style I think. I highly recommend this linen t though to anyone who likes stripes, I can't wait for summer so I can actually wear it without 50 layers over the top. I managed to pick it up on sale as well which was nice, there's still one medium left on Ssense. https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/saint-laurent/black-striped-linen-t-shirt/735103

4. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Are the FW15 black destroyed jeans going to fit true?

5. sepp

sepp Senior member

Thanks guys.

Couldn't bring myself to go thinner for that SLP fit. [​IMG]

Some of you guys really did it well @prudy.

6. thorns

thorns Senior member

Hey kieran, do you think you can post up the side by side comparison on this forum too? I'm really curious to see the changes and I think posting it online will bring more general awareness and hopefully gain some traction and noise.

7. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

FYI. Saw this in Paris last week. But I don't know what size they have.

8. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah that linen striped t-shirt is amazing. I bought it at retail price which I thought was a little high (around £290), but when it arrived it was worth every penny. I'd say it's my favourite out of all the striped t-shirts (I've pretty much owned or tried all of them). I also really like that grey and black one from AW 13, but yeah it's more of a boxy fit which is cool, but not as nice as this one.

Thorns yeah I'll take some photos later if I get time. Should be clear in the photos as the difference in shape to the eye is obvious. We're only talking a small amount (1.5 cm around the shaft for example), but that's like the jeans going from 15.5 cm to 16.25 cm - they wouldn't be very skinny anymore.

9. BruceWayne91

BruceWayne91 Well-Known Member

Prudy I have that jacket! Havent measured it but I have that in 48 and my biker L01 is also 48 and I think they fit good.

I know its silly and I am not a fanboy of 1D but whenever I am sad I put on the music video where Styles is wearing it and it makes me feel good knowing I have the same ^^ Actually it gives me a lot (A LOT) of compliments and obviously people notice it :)

10. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Hey, thanks man - regarding the sizing, how tall are you? Is your L01 a slimmer cut or bigger? Just trying to gauge the fit, I am a slimmer 48, sometimes a 46 (though not usually).

Thx!!

11. BruceWayne91

I am 179 cm so about 6 feet (?) The L01 is slimmer and I wouldnt fit into a 46.

If I find a measuring rod at home I can try and measure it later.

12. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Hey, thanks - no need to measure, that's perfect. Appreciate it!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  13. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

I'm still choosing between this striped linen and the plain black silkThey costs the same so I am thinking if the silk one is more worthy.

14. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

The silk black will most likely always be available as it's permanent collection. The striped linen will be gone so I'd go with that one if it was me. Also easier to care for which is an advantage.

15. BruceWayne91

Since we were speaking of girls in SLP the other day, Cara rocked the black and white varsity/teddy jacket

I feel that just because she wore it, made it more relevant and now I am thinking about getting one...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015