Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

I'm really, really itching to buy the super destroyed jeans in the trash denim colour - if anybody knows if any of the London stores have them already please let me know. Someone at sloane street told me they may get them early but they can't sell them before the 22nd (well, they could, they would hold a cash deposit on their system and only log the txn after the 22nd meaning you could take it earlier). I called them again today and they said they don't have the jeans and that it *may* come into store on Monday.

Did anyone catch the Graham Norton show? Cara Delevigne was wearing leather zipper pants (hard to say if they're YSL, looked kinda different to the runway shot but damn.... ...

[​IMG]

2. BruceWayne91

BruceWayne91 Well-Known Member

Do you have a pic of the denim you're talking about? Not sure what trash colour is...

3. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

4. BruceWayne91

Ok thank you. I am getting the blue ones ^^

5. therattler

therattler Senior member

they didn't come in today, I saw all of the new stuff that came in. but the dudes at bond street told me everything 'should' be in on Monday.

6. therattler

therattler Senior member

[​IMG]

I feel like the womens stuff doesn't get the love it deserves. Apparently menswear outsells it generally.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015

7. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

Had to share this especially since someone mentioned Kooples and Sandro blatantly ripping SLP - if someone missed the boat on fw13 then be thankful Harvey Nichols has the uk exclusive on the brand 'God's Masterful Children' [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

LOOOL that's hilarious...

the girls stuff is insanely good, but i rarely see girls wearing it. sadly i see a lot more angry-looking trophy wives than actual young ladies, shall we say, wearing it. its kind of a shame more girls don't wear it and play it safe (but i suppose most guys here mostly wear chinos and flannel, so). my gf swears by it now, although it took her a season or two to really to get into it. i think girls in general aren't as used to hedi's crazy slim cutting, they have many more alternatives than guys do...and the girls price points are way higher than the guys, exactly the same stuff is at least 25% more. interestingly, most of the serious girls runway shows are ripping hedi hard, without shame. that said, gentlemen, buy your girls wyatts, d01s and a nice suede jacket, they'll love you forever.

everything's supposed to be in on monday...*supposed to meaning it's already apparently arrived :)

9. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Cara is hot, she wears SLP so well. More girls should wear SLP agreed, i only seen one time and that was a girl wearing biker jeans, she actually pulled them off which was pretty cool.

I really liked from RTW FW15 the womens cropped jackets and the leathers, it was all really nice.

But you guys are saying FW15 drops on the 22nd in store? What about the online store? The black jeans still say September 30 or something.

10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I doubt that everything will be in on Monday as usually deliveries continue well into the season, even up until September. They may have a good deal of it though, although I was sent photos yesterday and it included about 20 something pieces.

Womenswear is fantastic, but I also rarely see it. I've seen a couple of Japanese / Korean girls wearing it more or less head to toe, but other than that the odd duffle / sac du jour. I do however think that women have far better options from the high street than men without even needing to go to the high end labels at all, so it's kind of understandable.

11. BruceWayne91

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015

12. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

the womenswear is amazing, but they have so many more options at every price level. Whereas SLP mens I feel like is the only menswear collection I look forward to. (though I dont really keep up with fashion that much, just going off of what I see on LVR/ssense/whatever)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015

13. therattler

therattler Senior member

agreed.

14. therattler

therattler Senior member

its funny you say that, i've decided my girl needs some SLP, so this season i get a little less and she's getting some hedi boots and some sort of jacket--suedes a good idea.

15. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Good idea, I got my wife a biker from SS15 and some santiags a few months ago and she was quite pleased :) Thinking about getting her a smoking jacket next week as well...always a good idea to share the SLP love.

And, yeah...women have a lot more brands and styles to choose from at all price points. SLP for women is crazy $$$$.