• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prudy

Reaction score
Every version of the Santiag I've tried on fits differently.

I don't know if the sizing is all that different from variant to variant, honestly. I got several pairs and they are all in the same size, one is buffalo, one calf, one suede and one camel. I think the materials/stiffness varies but once you work them in they all fit TTS. Some feel better on right out of the gate, for sure...

@scanner nice is that the black/grey rayon T? If so I have that one, it's great.

scanner

Reaction score
I don't know if the sizing is all that different from variant to variant, honestly. I got several pairs and they are all in the same size, one is buffalo, one calf, one suede and one camel. I think the materials/stiffness varies but once you work them in they all fit TTS. Some feel better on right out of the gate, for sure...

@scanner nice is that the black/grey rayon T? If so I have that one, it's great.

Thanks Prudy, It's 75% Viscose / 25% Polyester but feels very nice and holds up pretty well after a night of concert hopping / etc. Maybe its the same one you have? It's SS15. The one I really liked was the more expensive linen shirt with grey ribbed neck, but glad I got this one as it doesnt seem to have been picked up by many retailers. The only thing I'm not fond of is the fit. It looks cool with something over it, but not liking how it looks on its own. Very much looking forward to the upcoming season shirts as the cuts look like they've been handled better.

Delanho

Reaction score
In addition... quick question. I've got a hunter backpack that is pretty new (9ish/10 condition) and there is fraying on the (nylon?) loop on the top of the backpack. I don't ever hang the backpack from this loop, especially when it has items in it. Does anyone have suggestions on how to combat this fraying?
Bump :) does anyone have advice on this?

Delanho

Reaction score
Oh also.. what are you guys' thoughts on the silver jodhpurs? I'm worried about scratches.. once they are scratched is there anything you can do about it?

TRICK20

Reaction score
In case it's really nylon and you have a steady hand you can try to gently burn the fringes with a lighter and blow out the flame. But it's very risky and depends on which material (fireproof PA?) is used. I would advise to test it on a single thread. If it's working you can go on thread by thread...

You insisted on advice, don't blame me if it gets worse ;)

Another idea is to search for a textile service...it's possible to glue PA with formic acid or sew on a new leather loop.
Can't understand why the nylon as well as the leather versions of the SLP backpacks have those ordinary loops...

Delanho

Reaction score
In case it's really nylon and you have a steady hand you can try to gently burn the fringes with a lighter and blow out the flame. But it's very risky and depends on which material (fireproof PA?) is used. I would advise to test it on a single thread. If it's working you can go on thread by thread...

You insisted on advice, don't blame me if it gets worse ;)

Another idea is to search for a textile service...it's possible to glue PA with formic acid or sew on a new leather loop.
Can't understand why the nylon as well as the leather versions of the SLP backpacks have those ordinary loops...
Thanks for the help. I also was curious as to whether melting the fibers would work... If I mess it up don't worry I won't blame ya hahah

and yea for an 800 or so dollar canvas backpack... you would hope for leather tab and straps, not just trim..

cjbreed

Reaction score
does anyone having sizing advice on these?

raw stretch denim

i vary between 33 and 34 in SLP. which is the better choice on this pair?

thank you!

therattler

Reaction score
I'm told all of the news men's stuff is launching on Monday 22nd, with 500 pieces due in stores. I saw some of it yesterday, all of it looks great.

But now I'm torn, I want to grab a pair of black santiags from some of the sales, but maybe I should save some dough for the new collection ...

Prudy

Reaction score
That's a hard one, the black harness santiags are perfect boots, IMO...especially since you can remove the harness if desired.

Looking forward to seeing the new collection, I'll be in Paris next weekend...

SpencerA

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking this thread a while and decided to sign up (selfishly) because I need some advice.
I'm going to try and snag a pair of those black raw/frayed hem jeans while there are still some left but I was wondering are there more than one model/fit of those? I'll probably buy online so can't try them. I need these to complete my silver santiags! Cheers and sorry about another denim question :(

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score
I've been sent a 20% off anything (including sale items) code from matchesfashion in an attempt to lure me to spend money with them again, valid until Monday.

So if anybody is in London only and wanted something in particular let me know... they've even got some new season stuff in the past few days:

http://www.matchesfashion.com/mens/designers/saint-laurent

neonrider

Reaction score
i tried quite a bit of new season stuff and the fits are indeed quite a bit slimmer. i'm not sure how much i'll grab versus permanent collection stuff, but it's a great, great collection.

as for santiags, they're going super cheap at the moment, and they're pretty useful shoes to beat up. :)

Last edited:

creepinatshirt

Reaction score

i tried quite a bit of new season stuff and the fits are indeed quite a bit slimmer. i'm not sure how much i'll grab versus permanent collection stuff, but it's a great, great collection.

as for santiags, they're going super cheap at the moment, and they're pretty useful shoes to beat up. :)

Did you try on any of the destroyed denim at all? Curious as to how the rips sit when worn. Also do the cracked leather 85 boots look as stunning in person as they do online? Haha

neonrider

Reaction score
the cracked leather actually looks better in person, it's pretty intense. hard to describe. the rips on the destroyeds are going to sit funny if you're short, but whether that bugs you is your own deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads