• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember reading an interview with Hedi where he talked about growing up and learning to make / tailor his own jackets because nothing else fitted him. I really think that what he went on to do at DH and now SLP really grew out of that beginning, in that a big part of his design is as simple as him making the clothes he himself would like to wear, because nowhere else offers anything like it. I remember him joking sometime after leaving DH that he'd have to make a comeback because he was running out of things to wear. Obviously the success of what he's doing and how widely appreciated it is shows what great taste he has.

On the luxury thing, I wouldn't want to put words in his mouth, but I don't imagine him caring too much for that world (and certainly a lot of his influences come from alternative music culture (although it's easy to forget that he obviously has a great respect for traditional tailoring and the history of the house)), but to make the kind of clothes he wants to make he's almost forced to be in that world because if not he would have to compromise on quality.

ryansmith

Reaction score

I myself love the collections because they bring back memories of the days when I was hanging out in the music scenes, while they also provide quality pieces (shoes, leather jackets, jeans) that will last me for ages. However, I also have the impression that many people that buy into the collections don't do it for the love of the music or subculture, but just because it's another luxury brand that is currently really hyped (so they can post more outfit pictures to get additional likes on their Instagram accounts...)
I wonder if many of the people that wear SLP now even know who the Libertines or the Rakes or any of the other bands that Hedi championed at DH are, or if they even listen to music like that.

scanner

Reaction score
Besides those bands not having been relevant for nearly a decade, I'm not sure it really matters as Hedi is being influenced by a completely different music scene, most notably, the Santa Ana / LA Scenes (Burger Recs, The Smell and Observatory parties), LA Thrift Flea Market Melrose and Echo Park, etc.

I think the only similarities between Hedi DH and Hedi SLP is the tailoring. Besides, I think guys like David Beckham had more influence over people getting into DH over Pete Doherty.

DarkSpiral

Reaction score
I'm a 41.5 to 42 in most shoes. Would I be able to go down to a size 41 in the Santiags?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every version of the Santiag I've tried on fits differently.

SergioSP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is the YSLSS15 Code not working anymore?

Last edited:

ohmydontcry

Reaction score
I'm a 41.5 to 42 in most shoes. Would I be able to go down to a size 41 in the Santiags?

That is a big gamble. I've got 2 pairs of Santiags and both fit TTS. Because of the pointy and small toe box of the Santiag I would not suggest sizing down a full size.

I wear 42 is most shoes (including Santiags) and I could not imagine wearing a 41 in these.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SSENSE just dropped the FW15 full zip leather jeans and the grey leopard coat which look very cool. and also restock bikers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads