Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Does anyone have experience with SLP blazers? This black blazer caught my eye, does it look okay?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@ohyehhh I'm fairly thin but still have found all my D02's very slim in the thigh so I actually have the tailor bring them in an inch from the knee down which has been perfect for me.

3. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Maybe its the pic but it doesn't look too flattering on you, SirGroitis what size did you try? Maybe size down 1. That one is the gabardine one, personally I prefer their silk blend suiting and its only slightly more so you get the pants as well.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

I have that blazer in black, I love it. I wear a size 48 and it is very fitted, so depending on the look you want you might want to go up a size. I also rarely wear mine buttoned as I think the look is better open, and with a babycat shirt or striped T, etc. In that pic the jacket looks not-quite-right in the shoulder IMO. Looks like it fits you everywhere else. You should make sure it is perfect in the shoulder and then get it taken in around the chest/back if needed.

Here's the same blazer (size 48):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Good feedback guys. Yes it's the gabardine in size 44. I felt it was roomy yet the shoulder pads seemed to stick out in certain positions (such as holding a phone!). It's usually not a good sign when I am lookin for second opinions heh.

On an interesting note, I'm in Houston on business and even here SLP seems to be doing well especially with their menswear collection. Maybe Texans have a soft spot for the western inspired themes.

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Part of my family is from Texas and I can definitely confirm this to be the case :)

7. SergioSP

SergioSP Senior member

Hey guys! Anyone knows if sizing down half a size on Santiag boots make a substancial difference?

I have a size 44 in the harness santiag ones but they fit wide around the whole foot although the length is ok. Would a 43.5 be a better choice or should I get a 43?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  8. therattler

therattler Senior member

Friends, I've got a size 48 teddy (black leather shoulders), looking to trade for a 46. PM me if interested.

9. jwoowoo

jwoowoo Senior member

Shoulders don't fit. You need to size up one.

10. Sunny23

Sunny23 Active Member

Be careful with the sizing on the santiag. I wear a 45 in the harness but santiag I actually go up half size.

11. Sunny23

Sunny23 Active Member

Same thoughts. I would kill to get my hands on that pair.

12. SergioSP

SergioSP Senior member

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I know the sizing is weird but I was refering that I actually own a haness santiag in size 44 and it fits bigger. Anyone experienced with the harness santiags could help? Any help would be really appreciated.

13. slann01

slann01 Senior member

14. therattler

therattler Senior member

Been flipping through Hedi's anthology of a decade this weekend. Anyone ever think about his photography work in relation to the new SLP stuff? I'm starting to think the joke's on anyone buying the stuff think it'll make them cool, as what's interesting for Hedi appears to be indifference

Any thoughts?

15. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

My suede Santiags and harness Santiags are both size 42 and seem to fit the same. Both purchased from SSENSE.