1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

I strongly recommend trying on permanent collection bikers before buying, the sizing can be REALLY different.

Ohyeh the red biker is so good. I'm glad you didn't get the 48, I've been debating it lol. Prudy how's the whip stitch jacket?

2. kieran84

kieran84 Senior Member

With the peacoat, I've gone true to size. It's hard to know how it will fit until it arrives as there's been so much variation. For example in the AW13 peacoat below, I bought 48, and it fits me perfectly. It's pretty snug in the arm holes, but looks pretty much exactly like it does on this model:

[​IMG]

They re-released it for AW14 too, but when I tried it because I wanted to get a second one, it fitted terribly. It was boxy throughout, bigger and longer in the arms, had loose arm holes, and just looked like a standard peacoat from Gap or somewhere, albeit in nice fabric with nice details. I don't think sizing down would have helped either, as it would have just been the same boxy cut but smaller. If it fits anything like that one then I'll be sending it straight back, but I'm hoping it will be a closer fit like the AW13 one, or maybe somewhere in the middle which would be okay too. It looks a pretty good fit on the LVR model, and according to the details he is wearing a 46. The same model is wearing a 37 in shirts and 27 in jeans, so it would seem that it should be a good close fit for me if I'm just one up from him (as long as it fits like the sample though).

My guess is that they might get the sizing on everything right this time, as I don't think last years sold well. For example I tried it around Feb / March this year and they still had it left, and I know they had a 44 left too because one of the staff members got it out and tried it when he saw me wearing my AW13 one. The AW13 ones went a lot quicker than that (I think they were gone before the weather even started getting cold if I remember correctly).

On the collar, mine from AW13 stays popped all the time. I wear mine half popped like on the runway for AW15, and like the photo above (up at the back, and kind of down at the front), I've always thought they look best like that. This one is made from a different wool though (a nylon blend), but as been as they've shown them popped on the runway (for the first time ever from Hedi I think), they ought to be made to be able to stand up.

3. slann01

slann01 Senior Member

Damn I lost some weight this pas month and my D04 bikers feel loose in the waist....do you know if it's possible to alter them? Otherwise I'm thinking about selling them to get the new zipper jeans

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

@neonrider the whip stitch is killer - it's super cropped like the SS15 suede jacket w/ the goatskin diamonds, basically the same fit. I took a 48 which is perfect, the 46 would have been too small aka this one is nice and fitted.

The calf leather on the whip stitch is nice, it's a great leather to have IMO that is different from a moto DR or racer style.

FYI, I'm in Dublin this weekend and I popped into the BT here that carries SLP, they already have a few items from FW15/16 out and the SA said they would have more in next week so looks like stuff should start hitting stores ASAP. They only have a few of the raws in 'slim' (not the 15cm) and a few knits + T's so far...also a few backpacks and wallets. Boots and more accessories next week as well, he said.

@kieran84 if the pea coat this year looks anything like yours from FW13 I would be super tempted to pick up one myself....

5. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

ahhh the whip stitch sounds fantastic, i think it's gone in my size now but i'll check around. i really like the super cropped jackets.

slann, i wouldn't alter the D04. the bikers look a little out of balance if things get out of proportion (in my opinion). just get a pair in your right size, they're going super cheap these days for whatever reason. i think i saw some on railed or somewhere for like $500 bucks the other day.

looking forward to the new season stuff, i really like the way stuff has been distilled to a small number of eminently wearable pieces.

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

@neonrider

Here is a pretty good pic that illustrates the waist/sleeve ratio on the whip stitch:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015

7. zeogo

zeogo Well-Known Member

I thought I wanted black and white too for a while, but it has a stronger look and makes me think of One Direction more, where as the black leather stripes is more understated. Also I think the white looks more sportive and Nike where as the black looks a bit more luxe. Idk its hard to choose, they're both nice.

8. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior Member

Got my Santiags in.. Here's a pic.. Lol, I'm a size 45.. Im the one the bigger dudes that wears slp, it's too good not to
    [​IMG]

Used my Apple watch as a camera remote

9. BruceWayne91

BruceWayne91 Well-Known Member

While its hard to tell when you're sitting down, I dont think it looks weirdly big or out of proportions, so keep rocking!

Not SLP/clothing related.
    What is reputation here on the forum, why do I want it and what can I do with it?

10. fatboyslim

fatboyslim Active Member

What is the sizing like on the original 25 rangers? Kinda fallen in love with them lately. Read they fit a bit on the smaller side, while the side-zips are bigger?

11. needhelp123

needhelp123 Distinguished Member

yeah you are right about black stripe, but I don't like navy, they have black black? but then white is the iconic runway one haha

12. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior Member

Is this a new Fw pants? I don't see this on ysl site tho

13. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

^^ on LVR along with 3-4 other versions.

14. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior Member

Do the Santiags get more comfy in the toe area?
    The size fits great but the scrunch from the cowboy toe.. Yeah

15. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior Member

Quick impulse buy today...after passing on the Santiag when they first came out . [​IMG]
    [​IMG]