Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. cesco10

cesco10 Active Member

L01 fits bigger than mine L 17...it is more bulky

2. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

Hmm I was hoping it'd be more slim as I'm very skinny myself and not sure a bulkier look would suit me. Thanks for the help.

3. KYeezy

KYeezy Senior member

Hey, what size do you guys usually take for the L01? Been told to stay TTS as well as size up 1. Heard they vary from season to season. I'm usually a S-M, but mainly M in most SLP tees etc. Should I got with a 48 or take the 50?

4. thorns

thorns Senior member

The belt actually looks really good and I like how it comes in a 2.5 cm version...but the buckle seems to be made of nickel and I'm allergic. I was surprised that they would choose to use nickel for the buckle.

I'm also interested in the brass buckle belts but I'm not sure if the brass contains any trace amounts of nickel. Anyone here with metal allergies wear slp belts without issue?

5. kpals

kpals Member

Nickel seems to be a fairly common allergy so I don`t know why they would use it either.

Just so everyone knows ysl.com has a few items on sale now, nothing great though. Anyone know if they will put anything else on sale?

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ ysl sale started yesterday and what little good things were there went very quickly!

Others can chime in on the L17 and L01 fits but I think they best course is to try them on each season as they can vary a bit every time. I.e., this last spring I tried both and had to size down to a 46 in the 01 but stayed TTS (48) in the L17.

IMO the better leathers from SLP have been their seasonal offerings lately, anyhow - mostly calf leather and they do (and have been doing) cool things to the traditional DR and moto styles. The lamb leather on the standard 01s and 17s lately leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  7. zeogo

zeogo Well-Known Member

Thinking of the Stadium jacket with Black leather shoulder stripes - but I'm worried the Stadium jacket is too seen now. Thoughts and opinions? It is pretty classic...

8. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

^ i am the same dilemma too

Was thinking to go Navy. Someone has one in my size for sale... thoughts ?

[​IMG]

9. BruceWayne91

BruceWayne91 Well-Known Member

I think its a bit played out, the HM rip off kind of made me not want one atleast. I know this is a different one than the H&M but still...

Avicci rocks one in the latest Volvo commercial though, looks cool there

10. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

I just realised the mink coat on lvr is 32,200 not 3220, jesus christ of nazareth..

11. zeogo

zeogo Well-Known Member

Yeah the H&M rip off and the general everywhere-ness of it last spring did kill it a bit, but that has kind of passed and also a lot of celebrities/influencers are still wearing it and looking great in it. Also, the SLP does look a lot better than the H&M.

12. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

funny I was thinking of picking up the varsity as well I don't have any outerwear and I was thinking if i'm going to save for something it should be this. I just want the signature black and white one.

13. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

Re L01 discussion: I'm usually a size 48/medium in clothes - fill them out well with my build. With the red L01 (SS14???) I sized up to 50. I tried the 48 that they had in the storeroom in selfridges and it was pretty constricting around the upper arms - and that one had already been broken in (the lambskin wasn't stiff and draped naturally over the body, that in combination with the already cropped cut made it looks a tad off. I'm just hoping my size 50 keeps its shape in the areas that I'm not going to stretch out further (i.e. shoulders) over time.

The new collection on LVR looks amazing. I especially like the peacoat, the zipper jeans (can never have enough zips :D) and the chocolate wyatts, I like how the colour differs throughout the nap.

Kieran - pretty generic questions but do you know if the peacoat is TTS? (e.g. I should get 48?) - also, do you think the collar will hold up? I would personally ALWAYS have the collar popped as per the runway shot and with my Vivienne Westwood it only stayed stiff for one season and all went a bit floppy after that.

Also - is it me or are the zippers on the jeans below small? I prefer the large aggressive zips on the biker jeans, maybe it's just me it looks a bit generic YKK Kooples-is.h

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. therattler

therattler Senior member

I just hooked it up. Looks and feels great as a casual jacket when I don't feel like wearing my leather. Maybe there are a bunch of them around, but the only over exposed one was the red/leopard. Don't think you can go wrong.

15. cesco10

cesco10 Active Member

Sizes and fit in SLP change from season to season:

This is in lamb nappa leather and it is 48 (I think first season SLP)

[​IMG]

This is the L 17 in calf and size 46

[​IMG]

This is the frock coat and it is a size 44

[​IMG]

So 3 items and 3 different sizes for the same fit!