Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. slann01

slann01 Senior member

My god...supreme and slp mixed up...I'm about to throw up lol, only the worst hypebeasts do that
    @kieran84 Send some pics of the new belt when you can, really curious! :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

2. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

That pink mink coat for 29K is a great marketing piece.

3. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

i presume you're talking to me as i never called anyone out for not getting one. he did me though. thanks for the support.

the leather and suede with fringes fit / cut is awful.

dont think i've seen one sold yet at any online retailer. only decent stock pic was the sample on LVR.

earlier released stuff was cut ok. later was terrible.

are any of these boots online anywhere yet?

[​IMG]

calf hair

[​IMG]

4. slann01

slann01 Senior member

The ones with the small harness still aren't in pre order anywhere I think, as for the calf hair I'm intrigued by them, is this the discussed 4.5 cm version of the new boots?

5. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Slann I'm really pressed for time at the moment, but I'll try and get some done when I have some free time.

It's pretty much like the close ups from vogue's runway shots. The closest thing to describe the leather is that it's cracked like the Hedi jacket was in the black goatskin from AW14, but the surface is smoother and a bit shinier. It's quite subtle and sleek, but that's my kind of taste.

6. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I also find those calf hair very interesting looking. They look like Wyatts Slann, not the new French.

7. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

let's just try not to be bitchy, we all love this stuff, that's enough.

i like the little harness boots too. really impressed with the stuff up on luisa. great collection.

if anyone wants my studded L17 (48), pm me.

8. KYeezy

KYeezy Senior member

Those boots are stunning.....DAMN

9. cesco10

cesco10 Active Member

Thanks mate.....why is the best in your opinion? I found it amazing....

10. jhc116

jhc116 Well-Known Member

Did they discontinue the L17? It doesnt seem to show up on the site anymore =(

11. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

thanks prudy.

obviously I ask because in my country there is no availability, i'm just a fan. I saw on the group page FB people willing to pay $120 delivered which is kind of too much.

good attempt at the use of the word 'bloddy' (youwhat) but nah you gotta work on that.

12. cesco10

cesco10 Active Member

I've just seen in Selfridges a L17 calf that appeared very different from mine.....leather is calf but it seems to be softer and lighter than mine...also the black color was different :embar:

13. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

hey cesco, that's a good question. i don't know why the original L17 is so great, it's kind of a mysterious thing even to me, because i used to really not like it, but here are some thoughts.

when i first got the L17 (when it was released) i remember not really liking it much at all. and most people didn't, i remember discussing it with a lot of people and we were all just kind of puzzled by it. that's why it didn't sell very well. it was really stiff and the aged effect was really different than the smooth polished leather of the ss jackets. the cut was also different, tighter at the shoulders, but boxier through the waist.

then i wore it for a while just for the hell of it. slowly, i really began to get it. the lines don't really look or feel right until it breaks in. but when it does, it becomes a pretty magical jacket. the stiff, tough leather and the aged washed effect really combine to create a biker that's perfect in many ways. i think it just kind of becomes part of you the way a good leather should. the lines are perfect, it molds to you amazingly well, and the more it's beat up, the better it looks.

i've bought a shitload of hedi's new stuff over the last couple of years. but basically i find as time goes on that i end up living in my o.g. L17 and my ss13 bikers. nothing so far really beats them (or even comes close). i think the more you wear it, the more you'll appreciate it.

what you saw at selfridges is the new season L17. it's a nice jacket, but nowhere near (and not really very much like) the original.

14. cesco10

cesco10 Active Member

thanks a lot @neonrider, it's really a pleasure read you.

I have 2 leather jackets of slp....one is in nappa of the first season of Hedi (it isn't a carryover and it has the buttons on the cuffs covered with leather and you can't zipped it) and the other is the L17 in calf.
    They are different....the lamb is more elegant while the calf delavè is for a strong look. But L 17 (our L17) is imho the best leather jacket that I have ever seen and tried on. It's just perfect...and you can feel the quality.

15. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

What are the L01 jackets like? I really want to get one, I like the look of them more than the L17. Unfortunately there's no stores I can go to and try it on so I have to buy online. What's the fit like? Does it fit nice and slim?