Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

lol, um....OK. @youwhat , the next time you consider PM'ing me again for advice or sizing help or a favor or whatever, just pause and instead go fuck yourself.

Your attitude sux.

2. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

If anyone is looking to part with a pair of distressed/crash light wash denim in a 31, please hit me up

3. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

you fucking mardy cunt lol

you can have a disagreement without getting the face on.
    i dont think sticking your head through door asking for lookbooks is going to happen. you say you do it frequently. that is all.

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Yeah, I do - and you will be surprised at what you can get if you just ask. Maybe you don't get look books because you're a D bag?

Seriously, tho - I'm not really mad at all, but you are a serious D bag that I have no time to do favors for. So don't ask.

5. slann01

slann01 Senior member

C'mon guys....we're better than that, let's focus on slp here.....by the way just noticed the fw15 collection on lvr, Lots of great stuff, but it's just me or prices gone up a lot?

6. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

Which leather pant you guys think is more wearable / acceptable (by normal people), the one with zipper or the one with silver inserts?
    Would be great if they have a cheaper denim version :<

7. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Unfortunately I think none of them. If you want something acceptable by normal people just wear normal denim, wear leather pants if you don't give a fuck about others opinion, unless you want to wear them at work obviously.

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Look books are a dime a dozen, and if anything, are an advertisement. I'm unsure why anyone would hesitate to ask for one. SAs are trained to be aloof to give a luxury vibe; they don't really want to shut anyone out.

9. Babar

Babar Senior member

The leather is really fragile and tears up quickly, while the sl01 are more robust ime.

10. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

haha. who says "D-Bag" and "sux" ?

i didnt say i dont get lookbooks.

i asked for a picture of something which you didnt send, so these 'favours' you keep mentioning i dont think i'll miss.

11. scanner

scanner Senior member

FWIW, I've been called to come in and take a look at the look book, usually because they want you to pre-order with them, but I've never been able to get one. Usually I see the SA's sharing one. I'll have to try again though.

12. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

An SA told me that they don't get many per store anymore, not sure if that's true. I wasn't asking for one anyway - just taking a look while they had it out, so I don't think he'd lie just to not give me one / keep them for a bigger customer.

13. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

anyone calling out anyone else for not getting a lookbook is probably not worth bothering with.

chain denims are hard to pull off, i see them all the time in london...usually worn with supreme jackets and some kind of massive hi tops. which frankly looks a little ridiculous.

prudy you got the whip stitch jacket?! nice. how's the fit dude? i really liked that one but wasn't sure it was quite my bag.

new season stuff is apparently cut much slimmer, or so i hear. but let's see :)

14. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Hey, yep! Tracked one down on sale via the same local place I picked up the FW14/15 studded biker.

It's fitted and cropped just like the black suede/stitched jacket with fringe or the cropped suede jacket w/ the black goatskin diamonds - I think maybe it's essentially the same cut but in calf leather. It really looks killer w/ the raw hems and the santiags.

I got the size 48.

15. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

My 2 cm Saint Germain buckle belt in shiny black grained goatskin arrived today - subtle but stunning nonetheless. I pre-ordered it from the online store, and had to take a bit of a gamble that it was the one from the runway; the runway one looked shiny and grainy, but the YSL.com pictures looked kind of mat. Anyway it's definitely the runway one, and the leather is really nice - kind of shiny and cracked, but subtle, and the buckle is very nice too (there's no belt pin, instead the pin and the buckle are one piece, and the pin hooks around the belt hole instead). I'm glad I ordered when I did, as I see 85 has gone now.

That's good to hear Neonrider. Hopefully it will apply to jeans too.

I was glad to see that the peacoat I've pre-ordered on YSL looks great in the LVR pictures. I'd imagine those are maybe runway samples though so there's still a chance the fit will be boxy like last year, but it's looking good (I'm really excited for this collection now).

Prudy do you mean the babycat jackets? I'm really drawn to the babycat coat in the black and white (looks kind of grey from a distance). It's not something I could pull off so I won't buy one, but I'm loving it anyway. Very cool on the right person. Would be great for girls too.

I'm disappointed that they didn't get the 4.5 cm French and the MW jeans so I could see what they look like. On the French boot for anybody that's interested, I spoke to stores and I've been told they're getting both the snap closure and the side zip in the 4.5, so I'll hopefully get them there.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed in how the knitwear looks especially the mock and the turtleneck. It might just be the model, but my first impressions is that they look a bit tight and short. Could just be the model and sample size though.

Edit - I think I was a bit hasty criticising the knitwear, looking again it's only the breton striped boatneck that I don't really like the fit of.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015