Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

IMO items like the destroyed jeans or chain jeans look best in a high/ low type of outfit AKA wearing them with a tuxedo jacket + tie, etc. That looks great IMO.

Otherwise blk d01 or d02 for the most part...I look like a serious poser in biker denim, and I even ride a bike. :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

2. slann01

slann01 Senior member

I would like to buy one of the FW15 destroyed jeans when they will come in store but I already imagine the distressing on the knees would fall too much low on me.....why don't they offer them in different inseam lengths:'(

3. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I think my favourite look with the chain jeans was the blue ones with the duffle coat on the AW13 runway. I think I could maybe pull those ones off with just a t-shirt / striped knit, and boots, but I wouldn't spend the cash when I prefer the dressier plain black which are about 1/4 of the price.

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

i should clarify that I look like a poser in biker denim, not necessarily others...

I agree the chain denim look great with the duffle as well!

5. therattler

therattler Senior member

Does anyone have the OS bordeaux shirt or the grey and black western? Any fit pics? I'm thinking about picking them up in the sale.

Also, the other day I was in the sloane store and their black wyatts had the exposed zips that everyone loves.

6. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah I should also say that it's not that I don't like these items - they're cool. It's just that they're not really my particular style.

7. therattler

therattler Senior member

I wish the black chain jeans were my style. They're the coolest things I would never wear.

8. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

That duffle + chain look is iconic.

Soon we will see SS16 guys.

The destroyed jeans for me AW14 people tell me i got long legs the knee part sits below my entire knee cap, but its okay because i pull it up and then its good, but you gotta find the sweet spot so you can stand and sit easily without worrying you'll tear all of it, won't look as good. Could be worse.

9. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

I loved (and ended up buying) so many of the psych rock pieces that I don't think I'll pick up much from FW15/16, even though it looks great. Maybe some denim if they are the right cut, maybe a knit or two (going to hunt down a few pieces for my wife, tho [​IMG] ).

IMO Hedi nailed the urban cowboy, NYC '68 art/psych vibe in the last collection and I really dug it. A lot of the pieces were really nice as well once you got your hands on them. Looking forward to seeing SS16...I guess my favorite collections from '13 to '15 have all been SS so maybe that's just what I like the best.

Sales are popping up here and there so I recently picked up what will probably be my last purchase for a while. This is a nice spring-weight washed calf leather w/ whip stitching...so badass w/ santiags!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. needhelp123

dunno if its been mentioned yet but LVR has a few FW15 coat and jacket up for pre

11. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Yeah, stuff has been up for a few hours - love that new babycat print and the zip jeans...I'll be in Paris in a few weeks, hoping to see how some of this stuff looks in person.

12. needhelp123

at the boutique if you want lookbook do you just ask them and they give it to you for free? do you have to have spending history? my friend going to country with a boutique and i want to ask him to get one for me

13. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

yeah, just give em out to randoms walking in off the street. "bloddy" hell man.

14. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

I get look books all the time from just 'randomly' walking in off the street. It happens, it's not magic.

@needhelp123 it's worth a shot - they might be more likely to give you one after you drop some bills but it never hurts to ask.

15. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

'all the time'. of course you do.

we're only 5 seasons in...