• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

im eddie

Reaction score
Pricing at gilt is terrible on a lot of popular designer labels.

Slpbaby808

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
question for slp forum....

when it comes to biker denim.. do you think it can be worn all year round? i know its part of perm collection but seems only for worldwide season/sell.. cause it does seem like a fw item

give me your insights on wearing biker denim all year round/summer worthy? or is this denim just old trend/look now? lol

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it to be super trendy and past its expiry at this point.

scanner

Reaction score
Biker jackets have always been around and will continue to be around. They are about as ubiquitous as jeans and a t shirt. Everyone loves a leather jacket and there are a ton of options out there, but a biker will always hold a massive influence over pretty much any other jacket. Just look at the leather offerings of nearly every single brand out there.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me they are kinda old now. Something that will last is the destroyed jeans, they will always remain cool and remain an SLP grail.

Slpbaby808

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was talking about biker denim!! Lol.. Yeah tbh I regret purchasing the biker denim a bit

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's my age but I would never wear the biker denim as a casual piece. I never really got into them in the first place. I do like the destroyed denim however the fit has to be key. Off fitting destroyed aren't my thing either. Slp denim in general is one of the best pieces you can get from the brand. The fit and washes are hard to replicate.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes wash is very nice and best fit. I agree fit is important for the destroyed, for me it has to be skin tight if its even a little loose its not nice imo.

slann01

Reaction score
Biker denim is great but
question for slp forum....

when it comes to biker denim.. do you think it can be worn all year round? i know its part of perm collection but seems only for worldwide season/sell.. cause it does seem like a fw item

give me your insights on wearing biker denim all year round/summer worthy? or is this denim just old trend/look now? lol

Biker denim is great and is definitely a grail piece in the years to come...no other brand has been able to do a better iteration of it, anyway I don't recommend it for summer wear, unless the weather is not hot during summer where you live, If wore my pair these days here in Italy I would sweat like hell and it would be needed a dry clean to wash the denim.

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
I really don't like the SLP biker jeans, they just aren't my thing. I'd consider the ones from Balmain if they did them in a slimmer size, smallest I've seen is 27inch waist and 16.5cm hem. As for the destroyed denim I don't really like it much either, personally nothing beats the plain black do2 jeans from aw13.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Same for me. The plain raw black and the plain raw indigo D02s are pretty much the only jeans I'm interested in these days. Others are really cool and that, but just not my thing. I like to look like I'm not even trying, and that's pretty much impossible in the biker jeans or the chain jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads