Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Anyone know if the knee rips for next season are coated or not? The price increased but wondering if it's for a reason or not.

2. tightandbright

tightandbright Well-Known Member

The silver band thing fell off my jeans. Should I just leave it off? Didn't think it'd fall off so quickly.

3. scanner

scanner Senior member

They are more limited than previous offerings and are produced in smaller batches with better QC hence the increase. This is mainly due to the inconsistencies in distressing that has been occurring lately.

4. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

@tightandbright Yeh they can be kind of fragile, I've only had it come off on one pair though. I didn't bother to sew it back on as I'm not planning to sell them and it doesn't bother me.

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Makes sense. Most of the recent edition of distressed denim has been lacking. The pair I got from this season doesn't look even close to the pics on LV for next season. Mine look much more generic.

6. thorns

thorns Senior member

Depends on how deep the scuff is. If it is relatively shallow then you can buff it out using cloth (t shirt) or horsehair brush. If these two options don't remove the scuff then the next choice would be giving back some colour to the leather by using a little bit of shoe cream. Some people advocate regularly using conditioner for scuffs/general maintenance but this is something I would be cautious of. Since SLP leather shoes/boots may be fine and delicate, it is easy to oversaturate it with conditioner and conditioner should be used sparingly and appropriately. A good thing to remember about shoe care is that less is more.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015

7. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

thak u def right i have low sneakers previous owner treated the leather it looks way different to my untreated his, leather is darker and gt ankind of gloss to it which i dont prefer and thats why i avoid cream cuz once on u must maintain forever.

bloddy hell today wore my ne julius shirt i just got and i got bloddy chocolate sauce all over while telling ym friend how water down my mocha tste andhow basic underwhelming the cheesecake was, of course i immediately sprinted to thr nearest restroom but by then it was too late to be saved

do euro and americans say bloddy? how does it sund from ur perspective?

8. jinxjinx

jinxjinx Member

Hi, do anyone have any experience with SL/06 low? how does it fits compared to the slip on or SL/01 high?
    I heard the leather quality is pretty bad on these, anyone can confirm this? [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

9. cjbreed

cjbreed Senior member

wyatt boot sizing

ok so i am going to reply to my own post and hopes of offering clarity for future sizing questions from people. i am a true 44. so, for the wyatt harness boots in brown suede i ordered the 44 and the 45. the 44 fits, but it is skin tight and can only be worn with a thin dress sock and no room for even the thinnest insole. it would be slightly painful after a long day. but it may stretch to fit better over time. so it could theoretically work after a break in period. but it will always be too tight for an insole. and maybe a little too crammed in for the toes.

the 45 fits with a thin sock and a standard thin dr. scholls type insole, but no room for a thick sock or thick insole. but the shaft is a tad roomy. taking into account this is a fashion boot with little or no support, i like to use a good quality insole, so after a break in period and some stretching the 45 will likely accommodate a sole like that, and then it will be all set for daily wear with a thin topy and a heel tap. because i think these boots don't look good until they are worn in...but not worn out.

i honestly think a 44,5 would have been perfect.

just my opinion!

10. BruceWayne91

BruceWayne91 Well-Known Member

So I was invited to the private sale in London yesterday and answered an email asap that I wanted to buy some stuff, including a couple of FW items which I could pre-order now.

I still havent recieved an answer to my email yesterday. Its almost 30 hours now. Anyone else have similar experiences?

11. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

I have a feeling this same exact scenario will happen to me with the Santiag.

12. thorns

thorns Senior member

Any pics of you wearing the brown suede boots?

13. scanner

scanner Senior member

Hedi 30 in Cigar on GILT for $699!

14. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Is Gilt any good? I've never had a look since having to registering turns me off.

15. scanner

scanner Senior member

Not really but thats the cheapest i've seen a pair of these go for in suede.