1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Miyavikira

Miyavikira Active Member

Much appreciated for everyone's input. Saved me some money haha. Thanks guys

2. youwhat

youwhat Senior Member

think he's said in interviews before he gives them the shoes to wear for a while before the show.

3. needhelp123

needhelp123 Distinguished Member

ah crap kinda thinking of the field jacket too so its not on sale then :( the pics on farfetch look way better the colour is much more darker and vibrant very nice

4. fatboyslim

fatboyslim Active Member

Was kinda hoping for it to reach the sales as well, but I really dont have too much of a hard time justifying it either way. When was the last time a field jacket was not wearable? Pre-Vietnam? Timeless piece imo

5. thorns

thorns Senior Member

Do consider what you will wear the boots with. If you're going for the classic rock and roll look, I definitely recommend keeping it as is. I wouldn't recommend rubber soles since they don't look as cool as a raw distressed leather sole. Obviously, there will be tradeoffs and it is up to you to decide what works for you. The creases/blemishes really emphasize a devil may care look that screams, "I look cool but I don't really care about clothes". You see the sales associates in the boutiques wearing black skinny jeans with creased up shoes and it really looks cool.

However, if you are considering also wearing the boots in more formal looks then I feel excessive creases and scratches detracts from that nice sleek feeling. If you look at campaign photos, suits are matched with nice sleek boots and not with excessively distressed boots. With that said, you will never be able to avoid creases and a reasonable amount looks perfectly fine. Some people get pretty obsessive over care and I don't think it is necessarily healthy. At the end of the day, your items work for you and make your life better...not the other way around.

Shoe trees don't prevent or remove creases. Rather, they help more with preventing excessive wear and creasing by allowing moisture (sweat) to be removed from the leather in-between wearings. The more moist the leather is, the more prone it is to wear and tear. Consequently, it is a good idea to rotate your shoes to give them adequate time to dry. If you are looking to baby your shoes then use shoe trees and don't wear the same pair every day. For Wyatt models (I can't speak for other last shapes) Rochester red cedar shoe trees fit quite nicely and smell great too.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

6. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior Member

I got my santaigs in and ysl site is a bit deceiving cause it's the same nut as the Wyatt..Which you like better just curious Wyatt or santaigs?

7. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior Member

I pref santiags, wyatt are a bit boring for my flavor... just another moto boot.

8. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior Member

I feel you. I already got black Wyatt. and I have opportunity to get exchange my brown Wyatt back to Barneys even tho worn. So I might just Santiag since diff too and I won't lose having a nut color boot

9. kieran84

kieran84 Senior Member

I agree that the shoes of the sales staff with the black skinny jeans tend to look great in their used condition.

On the rubber soles, I also agree that the leather looks better, but for myself, if I want them to last longer than a handful of wears, I have no choice but to add the rubber soles, because I tend to wear the soles down at the toe area very quickly. I have mine done by Classic Shoe Repairs, who were recommended to me by a staff member at the Bond Street store because they do the store's shoe and bag repairs. They did an excellent job on all of mine, and they kind of taper them at the edges so when worn you would never know they'd been added (highly recommended for anyone in London).

On wearing worn shoes with suits, I also kind of agree with you on that, except that I don't think it's the creasing that really matters (the creased shiny leather from this season for example looks great with a suit), but more that they need to be cleaned and reasonably polished looking.

10. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

I just checked back at LVR to get the status of my order and noticed that all the SS15 stuff they had listed on sale last week/weekend is back at full price. Kinda weird - I wonder if it was actually just a mistake or if it got published early, perhaps.

I know most people couldn't access it, did anyone else here see it in their location?

11. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

hey cesco10, your L17 is the original version (and still in my opinion the best, at least it's my favorite one of all my L17s).

12. needhelp123

if anyone want SLP sneakers go to the sneakerboy sale just started up to 50. you can get the zip plain white and black his for 395AUD + 31AUD delivery

13. chiggah

chiggah Senior Member

Probably will get hit by customs with Sneakerboy yeah ?

14. scanner

scanner Senior Member

I have this exact model L17 size 50 brand new with tags from SLP boutique with receipt that I'm looking to unload if anyone is interested

15. needhelp123

For the black boots if there are scuff you can just use t shirt to wipe it? I want to get rid of the scuffs around the toes i have dont have any creams