Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. 0scar

0scar Member

Hi all, just wanted to double check and get someone else's opinion if these are genuine or not as the price is low. Thanks ->
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. 0scar

0scar Member

3. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Thanks man, good to hear that. This week my university finals begin and I still need to finish the review of my BBS shorts, but I'll definitely try to write this comprehensive lista of pictures and ID codes.

4. Delanho

Delanho Senior member

finals for most in the states are in early-mid may hahah
    good luck

5. MORNINGSTAR777

MORNINGSTAR777 Senior member

Mr Porter sale started. Picked up the braided trim camouflage jacket in my size (52) early this morning at 2:30-ish am. The rest of the sizes didn't make it to this afternoon.

6. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Hi guys

How do Jodphurs FW13 fit ?

Do they run larger than tagged ?

Im like a Common Projects in 42 though they run bigger i heard ?

US 9.5-10 in Nike and someone has a FW13 Jodphur in 42 for sale

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  7. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

I'm not sure what season my jodphurs are, but they do fit a size large. I'm a 11 in nike, 44 in CP and MMM and my jodphurs are a 43 and fit perfect. 42 should be good for you.

8. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

@noirwest very helpful post, I'm actually the same size as you are in both Nike and CP's and was thinking about the Suede Santiag in size 43 as opposed to 44, based on the feedback from most on this thread they are typically swimming in TTS Santiag's. Thoughts?

9. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

Anyone knows if it is still possible to find a Mr.X jacket or blazer in London or Paris? Need a 44/46

10. Miyavikira

Miyavikira Active Member

I have searched through the forums of this website and some of the forums go into a lot of detail about their shoe care. From personal experience, what are some of your suggested shoe care tips for looking after your leather/suede shoes/boots as I am not very experience with shoe care. I know getting a quality shoe tree is important, but is there any recommended products that is not too expensive but can maintain the shine or health of the shoe/boot? and how regularly do you polish/wax your shoes?

Thanks

11. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

From my experience SLP boots are pretty resilient I've gone out and partied in them, they've been stepped on, worn in wet weather been treated pretty badly to be honest and they still look great. Only thing I'd really suggest is get rubber soles for them, even then I wore my wyatts for a year before I did and they're fine. After surviving all that I managed to scratch my wyatt boot on a door, and it tore the leather a bit but I just took it to the cobbler and he covered it up, you can't tell from a distance and even looking up close its hard to see. I can understand people who want to take all the extra steps to look after their shoes considering how expensive they are, but personally I don't think it's worth the hassle. They look better when worn in a bit anyway imo. I've never used shoe trees or any creams on the leather, I don't polish them that often maybe every few months or so.

12. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Unless you want your boots looking like CCPs use some shoe trees any from ebay is fine i got $20 frim china cedar no difference. I dont use cream polish or anything just shoe tree it helps a lot. I also paid for thin topy for the bottom and heel tap.

13. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I've never once uses shoe trees and mine look great, even my every day ones that have been hammered. All I do is clean with a damp cloth, and then buff with an old t-shirt. I very occasionally use some polish.

I also think they look better worn in. I actually remember reading how Hedi himself doesn't allow new shoes on the runway for that reason.

On the AW13 cropped jodhpurs, sizing was weird (for me at least). I'm a true 45, but had to go right down to 43.5 for heel slippage not to be too much of a problem (my foot was nearly slipping out of the 44s). I have long skinny feet and ankles though, but have been able to take my true size 45 in all later models other than SS13 and AW13.

14. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ To kieran84's point, see below for a pic of runway sample Santiags that I have, they are intentionally distressed/worn.

I've never done much to my SLP boots since '13 either, I have a few pairs and rotate them, and i just keep them in a closet and dust them off/wipe them down every month or so...nothing special, they look better with some wear and tear.

[​IMG]

15. fatboyslim

fatboyslim Active Member

I actually do have some! Recently purchased the more boring black Wyatt boots, and I'm getting the field jacket as soon as my bonus comes ringing. Looking forward to pairing what I see as two kinda timeless pieces. I can see them, especially the field, jacket being wardrobe staples of mine for years to come. What are your thoughts on MrPorter labelling the field jacket as "permanent collection"? Rather misleading in my opinion.