• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fatboyslim

Reaction score
Ugh dumb celebs in SL is the worst.

The first collection was ss13, not fw13.

You do realize you have absolutely no ownership over the brand or its concept, yes? Although, even if yo dou obviously subscribe to some sort of creepy Hedi-cult, furiously masturbates to what you describe as the "truly hardcore" and constantly act like an absolute fiend, I kinda like you. You have quite the extreme consistency in being a d-bag, which I cannot resist to respect.

neonrider

Reaction score
lolol. fatboyslim. you've made a grand total of five posts on this forum, two of which are essay-length personal attacks. here's an idea, instead of freaking out and calling people names like a two year old, maybe try expressing your own opinions about and experiences with the clothes and the ideas*

*if you have any.

Slpbaby808

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey needed some help. I received my Santiag boots in the mail but upon arrival I noticed the box says 45 but the bottom of the boot and the inner leather are stamped 44? Is this a European thing? Or did yoox **** up my order? My wyatt are stamped 45.. So?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with the wool nylon blends? My understanding is that the nylon blends are technically superior in that they're better in wet conditions, but I can't help preferring 100% wool as it just feels different. The caban from look 1 that I've pre-ordered for AW15 is a wool nylon blend, but if I find out it's available in 100% wool I'll probably cancel my pre-order and find it elsewhere.
I think generally nylon is blended with wool for warmth - it's essentially the difference between something like the wool duffle, which is not made for very cold temps, and the pea coat your talking about which is probably made for more winter climates.

Nylon is usually used for strength. They may or may not be better in wet conditions, and may or may not be better for cold weather - those depend much more on a combination of density of weave, surface treatments, and the thickness of the material. For the most part, SLP peacoats are going to be "okay" for truly cold weather, but they are not designed to be used on the high seas or anything. Military naval peacoats were originally made from 32 ounce melton. Some newer peacoats are made from 24 ounce melton. I haven't inspected the SLP ones in person, but I would expect that they would not be above 21 ounces. Many peacoats from fashion brands are meant to be for inside as well as outdoor wear, and are in the 18 ounce range, which is heavy for suiting and/or jeans, but not for coats.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey needed some help. I received my Santiag boots in the mail but upon arrival I noticed the box says 45 but the bottom of the boot and the inner leather are stamped 44? Is this a European thing? Or did yoox **** up my order? My wyatt are stamped 45.. So?

They screwed it up. Mine are stamped the actual size of the boot.

slann01

Reaction score
Today SLP Outlet pickups, some for me, some for friends and others for resell; overall, a great day. Gonna write reviews of mine on the blog in the next month, so stay tuned :)

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I have that red and ivory linen blend pocket t-shirt from AW13, and had the bleached jeans from SS14 too. I really like both of those items, but I ended up selling the bleached because they were too big for me, even after sizing down to a 28. Seems like the outlets have some decent stuff. The one here in the UK didn't have a great deal when I visited.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today SLP Outlet pickups, some for me, some for friends and others for resell; overall, a great day. Gonna write reviews of mine on the blog in the next month, so stay tuned :)

I need a pair of the bleached denim. They have any size 30? Maybe I can phone order a pair

slann01

Reaction score
That blazer is really stunning.

Thanks man. It was about 70% off.

I need a pair of the bleached denim. They have any size 30? Maybe I can phone order a pair
I'm sorry only a 32 and a 33 were available, and I bought both. I can tell you that they had cream and white raw D02 in size 30 if you're interested. They even had black d05, high waisted and skinny, just like the new FW15 ones. I was so ******* excited when I found out it was my exact size, just to find out when I tried them on that the waist was so high that I couldn't button it lol.

Last edited:

youwhat

Reaction score
you do realise they've just put the shoes in the wrong box?
is that what we're discussing?

Mikeybzv

Reaction score
you do realise they've just put the shoes in the wrong box?
is that what we're discussing?

Sounds to me like he's a 45, and they put 44 shoes in his 45 box, so they actually put the wrong shoes in the right box... much bigger difference.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks man. It was about 70% off.

I'm sorry only a 32 and a 33 were available, and I bought both. I can tell you that they had cream and white raw D02 in size 30 if you're interested. They even had black d05, high waisted and skinny, just like the new FW15 ones. I was so ******* excited when I found out it was my exact size, just to find out when I tried them on that the waist was so high that I couldn't button it lol.

How much were the white? Might consider them if they are cheap enough

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads