Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Honestly, I love how they feel...I have had a hard time finding denim the past year or so that isn't too big in the thighs while being correct in the waist. Maybe, though - others will think they are too tight? I think part of my problem in the past is that I always bought my jeans too big, I am really a 29 or 30 and I was buying 31 or 32.

I took those pics immediately upon receiving the jeans, aka, that's the first minute I had them on. I wore them around all day and they have loosened slightly, but I think that fit is ideal for certain looks and with certain boots.

I will say, however, that a super skinny jean (at least with my rectangular frame) begs for some volume on top. I think they look very good with a blazer or pea coat or leather on top for balance, but this is generally true for most skinny pants IME.

You can't beat the color, they go with everything. IDK, let me know if you think they are too tight - I am also a runner so my legs are muscular, which may not suit such a skinny fit.

Would love to hear all your opinions.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  2. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

I think they look great. Need to be balanced at the top with the cropped squared shoulder ss13 fw14 look but I love how severe they are.

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I have the same pair and I agree the wash works with many things. It's one of my fav washes. As for the fit, I think they may be too tight in the thigh area. I have the same issue with certain pairs too. I think the supper skinny skin thight looks the best on someone with twig legs with my muscle mass. With some stretch they will be fine though.

4. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Folks, if the weather is good, probably tomorrow afternoon I'll go to the swiss outlet of Saint Laurent. If you want me to get you something here or the next time i'll go to the tuscan outlet, send me a PM with your whatsapp number to talk things and post pics of the available garments in the whatsapp chat, and be PayPal ready. Cheers.

5. newera90

newera90 Well-Known Member

An unrelated question. I just opened up a new instagram account and why I couldn't tag more than 2 users? My account is xxll brandon(remove sapce) feel free to follow :) i will keep uploading my slp fit photos
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  6. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

Should I go true to size for the oversized flannels and sweaters?

7. yungjillyman

yungjillyman New Member

does anyone know if the first collection (AW2013) Denim is any different? I feel like I've heard it's slightly different but I can't remember.

8. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

I would imagine so if you want it to be the way it was intended ie oversized

9. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

I guess was a silly question. I didn't know if people were sizing up on them as well. I usually wear the smallest sizes so wouldn't be able to size down anyway.

10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

[​IMG]

Picked these up for the summer. Looking forward to pairing my raw hem denim and light washes from the past seasons.

11. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Don't get caught wearing those in a Crip neighbourhood.

12. scanner

scanner Senior member

13. unouomedude

unouomedude Member

Jesse Eisenberg in the American Ultra trailer wearing the Hawaiian shirt from SS14

[​IMG]

14. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Thought about that but I don't really go out at much these days or to places where there could be gang activity. Just liked the pattern I guess.

15. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

Ugh dumb celebs in SL is the worst.

The first collection was ss13, not fw13.