Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. splitsides

splitsides Well-Known Member

Can't help but add some advice to those who are sizing up on the footwear. IME with the cropped jodhpurs, insoles don't fit as they would with shoes/boots that have a removable insole included. When I tried adding an insole to the jodhpurs so my heel wasn't almost popping out, it ruined the fit of the shoe completely. It's like adding an insole over one that's sewn in.

Unfortunately the only way to really know your size is to try them on where multiple sizes are available which isn't an option for the majority of us.

Last edited: May 25, 2015

2. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Thanks guys, I'm really in love with the suits, especially the pinstriped one...what do you think it will be its price? I hope it's not too expensive

3. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

my guess (and it's just a guess) is that pricing will stay the same for suiting. it's mostly fluctuating due to currency effects, and all the suiting stuff is bought internally in euros. but i agree that the suiting has a great cut this season. from what i hear, the blazers are longer and the trousers have higher waists.

4. splitsides

Thanks slann the lookbook is perfect. The only additions I'd want to see are looks featuring some of the other footwear.

5. splitsides

I'd take look 47 as I don't own any suits and you could wear that to anything.

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Suiting from SLP is always so enticing to me. I am also super excited to see the suits and blazers for FW15/16, I like what I have seen so far as well...

I have a few of the blazers from past seasons SS14 and FW14, and one from SS15. I find them all to be super versatile and they are really an important component of a lot of the SLP looks IMO. Pinstripes are definitely on my shopping list for this fall/winter :)

7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I wear black cropped jodhpurs with raw dark indigo AW13 raw jeans all the time and they look great. Lots of staff members at the stores do too. As somebody said it's a classic combination. They also look great with the bleached jeans from SS14. I actually prefer them with dark indigo raws, or the very bleached jeans, over the mid blue jeans which I don't really like with black shoes at all.

Thanks for posting the look book pictures. This collection is fantastic. The suit with the pinstripes is amazing, I was just talking about that with a poster here the other day. Also the scoop neck knit looks pretty nice, hopefully we'll get to see some pictures of it worn alone once LVR pictures start emerging.

[​IMG]

8. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

is it just me or do the boots wear the shit out of your socks on the bottom heel part?

9. Thatsteez

Thatsteez Well-Known Member

So, may be a asinine question, but I figure I'll throw it out anyway. Looks like crotch is at the very early stages of tearing. Any preventive measures (ex: tailor?) that you guys have done to preserve the longevity of the denim and avoid the crotch blowout? Just live it out like a rock star?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. splitsides

let me start by asking if you're one of those here who never wash their jeans.

11. splitsides

IME any footwear will do this, i know my CCP have as have a variety of sneakers.

12. tightandbright

tightandbright Well-Known Member

Anyone selling a pair of black 15.5s in size 26? The grey ones fit ok... the hem could be tighter but whatever. The color is hideous lol. Idk why people make grey jeans.

13. gooosu

gooosu Active Member

can anyone recommend me must have slp pieces for my wardrobe? most of my slp clothing consists of denim

Last edited: May 26, 2015

14. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Honestly, Saint Laurent is really quite diverse and what exactly is a must have piece is going to differ from person to person.

15. gooosu

gooosu Active Member

I'm thinking of getting a couple of the leopard and western shirts. any idea how they fit?

Last edited: May 26, 2015