Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. CJAY

CJAY Member

Hi all, I'll be visiting Paris next month and I wanted to know if any of you over in France could recommend some boutiques that carry Saint Laurent. I'm definitely going to check out the SLP flagship there, but was wondering if there were any other places that I should check out during my stay. Thanks!

2. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

yeah, why's everyone got this thing about 'sizing up' or 'sizing down'?

3. Miyavikira

Miyavikira Active Member

Thanks Prudy!
    And sorry, I only recently got into ysl and still quite unfamiliar with sizing of the brand as people have stated that sizing varies from season to season with the ready to wear. So I wasnt sure about the sizing of the boots because it was my first ysl boot purchase.
    Sorry if I brought up a question that may have been asked frequently.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  4. jcep

jcep Senior member

The search functional hasn't given me anything so far. Have any of you found the SL/01 lows on sale for Memorial Day ($300-400 area)? Farfetch apparently had that offering but not in my size.

5. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

lol what is up with people buying shoes without knowing their sizes? wyatt boots probably won't fit you properly a size up or down. they fit true to size. even if you wear them, they won't wear in properly, they'll crease up in all the wrong places, and it'll look pretty bad. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

just buy your normal size people. what's the point of saving $300 on a pair of $1200 shoes that don't fit you properly?

6. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Lmaoo

7. cjbreed

cjbreed Senior member

firstly, 300 dollars is 300 dollars. secondly, you buy them because your assumed size is sold out and they offer free shipping and free returns. thirdly, i know my size. i don't know my slp size. "size up" or "size down" is relative to my true size. i own shoes sized 43 to 46 that fit. and "normal" for slp is unknown to me so i am willing to take a chance. and i do like a nice thick insole so 45 seemed logical.

8. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

I have bad knees so I have to use insoles otherwise I'll have severe knee pain so I'll go TTS and if they are a little big the insoles will help.

9. BarbeloBanthony

BarbeloBanthony New Member

SLP L01 jacket is on sale at SSense for 20% off at $4000. Should I pull the trigger or are there other opportunities to get it for cheaper?

10. splitsides

splitsides Well-Known Member

My opinion is they're shifting denim production out of Japan which would leave Dior Homme uncontested if you need what we've come to expect from MIJ denim. (outside of americana repro stuff that does't appeal to us)

11. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

no, all the destroyed jeans are still mij and so are the reissues of the crash jeans. i highly doubt hedi's going to stop from his japanese suppliers anytime soon or ever.

i'm not seeing the L01 on sale at ssense, but you should bear in mind that this batch of L01s is all over the place. the sizing is different, the hides are different, some have wrinkles and imperfections in very obvious places, i'd be careful of spending $4k on one i hadn't seen in person.

cjbreed (and all the other ssense sales fanatics), you should be very careful with ssense returns, especially on sl shoes. if the soles are even a little bit scratched, like even a tiny bit, they won't accept them back.

12. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Thanks for the appreciation man - also posted the scans that I made of the lookbook, in the next days I hope to have the time to finish the writing in the article and provide a link to each garment wore by the models ;) http://lustercatcher.com/2015/05/25/saint-laurent-fallwinter-2015-lookbook-catalogue-preview/
    [​IMG]

13. splitsides

splitsides Well-Known Member

Plus if you don't wash them, they become more susceptible to tears in the high stress areas. i.e. crotch ripped open.

14. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

sweet, thanks for posting @slann01

I'm going to Ave Montaigne in a few weeks, can't wait to see some of this stuff, hopefully.

15. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

awesome slann. this collection is so good. love the shoegaze lookbook pics :)