Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. splitsides

splitsides Well-Known Member

That explains it, I'm only looking for plain black (coated or unfinished hems are ok too) MIJ from SLP. No interest in destroyed/shredded or washes that have any wear I didn't create.

2. tightandbright

tightandbright Well-Known Member

Thanks! Guess I should start hunting for the F/W 2013 ones... I doubt anyone is selling them in size 26 though, let alone the wash I want.
    Btw are all D02's part cotton/elastane?

3. yungjillyman

yungjillyman New Member

Anyone willing to sell me a pair of grey or black D02s in 29-30?

4. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah I think AW13 were probably the skinniest, but the first batch of the SS13 raw 15.5s were pretty skinny too (they were also lower waisted). They got replenished late in the season but they were much looser. With the raw D02s that followed for SS14, as Neon said they were much looser, but cut in a different way; the waistband was the same, but the seat and thighs (and knee down for that matter) were all considerably looser. This made it kind of difficult to size down (a 28 is tight in the waistband for me, but a 29 is loose everywhere else (whereas the AW13 ones fit me perfectly)). Hopefully this season's MW jeans that I've ordered will be better.

Jackets I found both SS13 and AW13 to be very fitted, but as Neon said SS13 were even more aggressively cut. This included things like sleeve length, which for AW13 was back to a more typical length. For example I remember the mandarin collar denim jacket feeling like a straight jacket in a medium, and the sleeves were up above my wrists. The one button blazers were also very small - I was 6 feet and about 140 at the time and a 48 was still too small for me when buttoned (pulling away from shirt collar when buttoned). AW13 the black le smoking was also tiny though, but some things were a bit more forgiving. The black chesterfield was too small for me though in 48, but the 50 was huge. I've been hoping to get some kind of chesterfield since AW13, but the AW14 fitted like a bag. Hopefully they can get it all somewhere in between this season so everyone can be happy.

5. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

It does seem like more jeans are being produced in Italy now. This season the online store and the stores both had made in Italy raw D02s, which is the first time I've seen them at those places. The ones sold on websites like Mr Porter and Matches were also made in Italy. Maybe it was so that they could meet the demand for the frayed edge jeans etc., which were made in Japan. Next season's raw black mid-waist jeans from the runway also seem to be made in Italy going off the website. I'd prefer made in Japan, but don't really care if the fit is right.

6. gooosu

gooosu Active Member

hey guys just got a stain on my slp jeans [​IMG]. should i dry clean them?

7. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

8. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

My black jeans arent waxed but they got a nice shiny smooth sheen to them thanks to all the sweat and grime accumulated over a year of wearing without wash

9. gooosu

gooosu Active Member

its a food stain... should I just leave it there? [​IMG]

10. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

Have you just tried washing the spot that is stained with cold water? I've had a few marks on my jeans and they all came out fine.

11. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Seems like a lot of people are afraid to wash their raw SLP denim, but I wash mine all the time. They have 1-2% elastane so they shrink up a cm in length but basically stretch back out.

I prefer how my SLP jeans fit after washing, anyway - maybe others disagree but I say just wash yer damn jeans. Hang dry them and you're fine...jeans always look better when they are worn in. My blk '13 D02s are faded and look great after 2 1/2 years of constant wear and a dozen washings.

Last edited: May 25, 2015

12. gooosu

gooosu Active Member

cool thanks :D

13. kpals

kpals Member

Thinking about copping the black leather cropped jodhpurs. My only qualms are that they are difficult to wear with denim that isnt black and they may not work as well as the suede ones with casual fits. Opinions?

14. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

surely - FYI I don't use detergent, just really cold water and if they need some help I add a tablespoon of white vinegar (which kills any mildew, etc).

Others here may have good washing suggestions as well...

Last edited: May 25, 2015

15. slann01

slann01 Senior member

I think they look good even with indigo washes and light blue washes, obviously the suede ones are easier to pull off with indigo denim, but I get a lot more wear from my black leather ones since you can wear them even when it rains and in crowded places.