1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. lettuce

lettuce New Member

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  2. slann01

slann01 Senior member

They are real - they are this one model sold by mr. Porter : http://www.mrporter.com/en-it/mens/...ts/516594?cm_sp=we_recommend-_-516594-_-slot4
    I find their shape quite ugly although,due to the additional leather panel on the upper; the wyatt version of the chelseas are way better.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  3. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

what does it matter if already ended?

unless you are the buyer in which case you should have done your research before buying instead of potentially wasting the sellers time / money and backing out of the deal afterwards.

hate people like you on ebay.

if you want to try on at home etc pay more and buy from stores / websites so you get these privileges.

they look real to me.

4. kelice

kelice Well-Known Member

look fake to me. the elastic material on the sides has a different shape than on the mrporter pictures. Look on the top of the ankle part of the shoes, on mrporter, the leather is higher than the elastic part, on ebay they are aligned. The ones on mrporter has a seam under the elastic part, the ones on ebay don't. The heel looks really ugly on the ebay pictures. Also the box cover doesn't look like the original.

5. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

6. kelice

kelice Well-Known Member

7. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

8. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah genuine. And honestly, it's not a popular enough model for them to bother faking really.

9. tightandbright

tightandbright Well-Known Member

Ah ha... much appreciated.
    I've noticed a lot of the jeans are MiI. Hopefully the washed MiI's fit tighter than the raws.

10. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

the fit depends a lot more on the season than on where it's made. mij and mii differ more for raws, where the mij are cut quite a bit narrower.

11. tightandbright

tightandbright Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just bought a random cheap pair on sale from LVR. SS 2014 MiI, I think it's washed? Hopefully they'll fit. It's a really shitty wash though. Plain ugly grey black, no wonder it's on sale hahahaha.

On that note, which year/season fits the tightest/loosest?

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  12. splitsides

splitsides Well-Known Member

Is (almost) all SLP denim production moving to Italy? It's either that or they keep the MIJ in boutiques/select retailers.

13. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Tightest surely FW13, loosest probably this spring summer 2015.

14. scanner

scanner Senior member

Huh? I would say more than half the denim available online is MIJ. All the Raws and Ripped Hems, Destroyed, etc are all MIJ. I've only seen a few MII and it's just certain washes and reissues.

15. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

fw13/14 was the smallest cut season for jeans, ss13 for jackets. since then the cuts are nearly one full size bigger, especially on jeans and leathers. i remember i could barely get the original crash jeans over my thighs in my normal size :)