Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Last edited: May 18, 2015

2. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I just heard back from the online store. They won't be stocking any French boots other than the 8.5 and 6 that they have available for pre-order (no 4.5). Looks like I'll have to hope stores or other online retailers get them.

3. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Interesting, I'm sure the folks at Bond St could get those for you if they make them, no?

On a side note, I'm pretty much done with YSL.com. Last few things I've received from them have arrived in terrible shape - looks like they were stored on the floor and then thrown into the box haphazardly. I think maybe they are having some QC issues at Yoox or whatever...

4. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah I'm going to make some enquiries.

I've had generally good experiences with the online store, but have had a few things arrive in bad condition (belts warped from being stored badly, one belt completely bent, a jumper that was really dusty, the wrong shoes in the right box with no tags attached). Customer service is excellent though so I don't mind too much. I think if you get things as soon as they arrive, then they're normally okay, but if they've been there for a while, it can get a bit patchy (for example if they've been sent out and returned).

5. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

That makes sense, thanks. My overall experiences have been very good, too, and I rely a lot on the online store as I don't have access to a boutique except for a few times a year.

Probably just a fluke, I sent them pics of both items and they have been nice so far, but not sure what they can really do about poorly stored items or returns - probably just the luck of the draw.

It sucks because both the items were 'formal' jackets, aka, you don't want to receive those with substantial creases or warped lapels, etc. Honestly I think they should ship those items a bit differently, they literally just throw them in a box, seems a bit haphazard. I'm confident the issues I had probably weren't with shipping, however - looks like they were stored improperly, almost looks like they were balled up on the floor.

Last edited: May 19, 2015

6. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

i believe bond st will get the french 45s keiran, check with seun.

i think this collection is very good, back to basics. it will sell really well, obviously. the pieces i've seen in person are pretty convincing. the fits are skinnier again than last season (but not as extreme-bone-crushing skinny as fw13) at least for the stuff i've tried. it's simple and to the point. i'd bet a lot more people will wear the 85s than we think right now, they look pretty good (and not so extreme) when paired with the mw-sk jeans. but i'm only going as high as the 60s :)

and yeah buying stuff online (whether from the store or elsewhere) is always a crapshoot. i just got a new L01 and i had to return two before i tracked down one that didn't have some kind of obvious issue. annoying :)

7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah I've spoken to him and he's going to find out. He said they don't have the final buy details yet.

Have you tried the MW jeans then? Have they arrived already? I've pre-ordered them, and am looking forward to getting them. Hopefully they'll be skinny enough to be satisfactory.

I think the 6 would be my absolute limit, and I'll consider them if the 4.5 isn't going to be available.

I also made enquiries about some knitwear that the online store aren't getting. Knitwear seems particularly strong this season (for my tastes anyway). I really like stripes and plain black knitwear and you can't really have too many.

Prudy I've enquired about this black and ivory striped crewneck on the left. I know we both have a very similar one from SS14, but I really like that one, and this one's a little different (raglan seams and thinner stripes), so I figure I might as well grab it if I can

[​IMG]

8. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ yeah I was eyeing that one, too :). looks like a good one. I thought the knitwear looked very strong as well, hoping I will have the opportunity to see them in person.

9. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Someone has a 42.5 and 43 in aw13 harness black wyatt

For reference, I am a 42.5 EU in rick Owens geobaskets a Nike flyknit in 9.5-10 US and heard the wyatt have low instep? What size do you recommend I get?

[​IMG]

10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

For reference I take US 12 in Nike Pegasus, and in Vans authentics / slip ons etc, and I take a 45 in all Saint Laurent. I could get away with a 44.5 though, so you could pretty much go with either. I'd go with the 43 myself though.

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'm a 10-10.5 in flyknits and 43 or43.5 fit me fine in wyatts

12. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

Can anyone confirm if destroyed jeans in a light wash are available in any of the Paris boutiques currently?

I will be flying there this week and was just curious if stock will be available outside of the below offering:
    [​IMG]

13. tightandbright

tightandbright Well-Known Member

14. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

I think they're SS14.

15. tightandbright

tightandbright Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks. Btw how consistent is SLP with sizing? I asked for the measurements on those 15.5s in size 27 and it seems really baggy... 25.5cm in the thighs and 15cm hem... Wtf? I ordered the size 26, but I doubt it'll be that much smaller... like 0.5-1cm difference?
    Is it that those jeans from that particular season are looser or is the LVR rep just bad at taking measurements?

Last edited: May 20, 2015