Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. slann01

slann01 Senior member

It seems only 4 jeans and the blood luster tee as now.... The denim prices definitely went up, damn.

2. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

There's also some boots and wallets, but they're stuff we've seen in past seasons as well. Yeh denim has gone up quite a bit, glad I got another pair of the black aw13 D02s when they went on sale.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  3. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

my d02s are starting to show wear :(

4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Forsaken - the jacket pants and shoes look incredible. I really love those jeans. I'm about the same size as you, did you consider cropping them a bit or are they the original length?

5. Forsaken

Forsaken Member

Thank you! The length doesn't really bother me too much. I'm worried that cropping them would mess up the rips in the back of the original gem.

6. kpmurphy

kpmurphy Well-Known Member

Saks also put up some pre orders online today. The Shadow plaid flannel looks a little different in Saks pictures than the Saint Laurent webstore(unless there will be a few different blk/red plaid variations).

7. therattler

therattler Senior member

These boots look so dope.

[​IMG]

8. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Big price increase on the blood luster t-shirt. £175 on the YSL website, £215 on LVR. I wonder if it's a newer version with thicker cotton or something. The cotton on this season's one is very nice, but very thin. I guess I'd be up for owning a thicker version as well.

Boots look nice but too high for me. The cracked shiny leather looks great.

9. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

denim prices have gone crazy, they even retroactively raised them on the stock left in the stores. ugh.

10. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ Yeah, I noticed they did this on some other items as well last week, like the denim jacket - went from 590 to 640. 450 is steep for the denim, definitely.

11. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

They retroactively put the price of the basic black D02s from £260 to £300 as well. That's a bit cheeky really because surely the stock's been made already to be sold at a certain margin, so any increase is just greed.

A few things have gone down in price though (duffle briefcase for example).

12. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Is it just me or is each collection looking better and better? I basically want everything except the high heels and don't mind the latter since it's a statement piece for some people and the brand.

13. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

For me this FW15 is the strongest collection yet, and I think I'm going to have a hard time getting everything I want because I can't really afford to. I imagine this collection will be extremely commercially successful if they get the sizing right, so hopefully we'll see more of the same but for summer. I know it's maybe not the most creative collection, but I just want to wear all of it.

14. kpmurphy

kpmurphy Well-Known Member

FW13 was my favorite, but FW15 isn't too far behind.

15. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

I started out thinking I wasn't going to be into much from SS15 but once I saw the pieces in person that changed substantially. FW15 looks good to me but I feel like I already have quite a few of the pieces or similar pieces from '13 and '14 collections so not as excited...

Looking forward to trying the boots and the overcoats if I can get to them in person. Some of the fabrics on the knits look really interesting and I can't seem to own enough stripes so I'm sure something of that nature will make it home with me :)

I would love to own/wear an animal print tube coat or overcoat but not sure how much I'd actually wear it. I think my wife would kill me if I bought one, anyhow...