Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. slann01

slann01 Senior member

I'm a 27/28 in SLP denim and I'm 1.72 cm, but i doubt I'd be able to pull them off anyway. In my opinion it's more something that derives from traits than from weight or height. Someone with an androgynous look could easily pull off the 8.5 heel.

2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Shorter people don't normally have long lean legs. I agree a small waist is a must. Will be curious to see people's pics. I know I can't pull them off. Won't even attempt it

3. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

Slightly OT, but the Balenciaga sneakers look really cool.

4. rockket

rockket Senior member

thank you, looks great on you. looks better to me unzipped, though I feel that way about most cafe racers.

5. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Yeah, agreed on short doesn't equal skinny legs but it's about proportions, really. That 'drop 10' really factors into a look like that, I think...

Cafe racer looks good but it's not as cropped as I thought it would be. If you don't mind how tall are you and what size are you wearing?

Last edited: May 17, 2015

6. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Prudy I think 6 feet tall and a 29 waist would be not far off from the models (I know several are 6'1 - 6'2 and 29). The 85mm heel is an extreme look though, especially with the mid waist jeans making the legs look even longer. I'm intrigued by the 6cm version, but will most likely go with the 4.5cm if it's made available for safety.

7. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Ah, OK - for some reason I thought all those SLP models were 5' 10" with 26 or 27 in waists. Don't know where I got that idea from.

8. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I think the majority are around 6'1 - 6'2 and 27-29. Some are shorter and some are taller.

9. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

Kieran do you have the ivory silk t shirt? http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...y_cod40119481pc.html#dept=rtw_men_&itemPage=2

If so can you comment on the fit? I think it would look good under the red L01. I'm conventionally a 'medium'/IT48 but for example in the jacket I sized up one - do you reckon I could do the same with this t shirt and still have it fitting correctly? They don't have M in the web store.. Only L and XL

10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I don't have the ivory, but I do have the black in both the crew neck and the v neck. For reference I'm kind of the top end of a 48, bottom end of a 50, but take 48 in jackets (apart from some from SS13 and AW13 where I would have needed to size up to 50), M in most knitwear and t-shirts, and 39 in shirts. I took both of the silk t shirts in M, and they're a good fit. They fit pretty slim and short in the arms, but then quite boxy in the shoulders. Body is quite short and slim. I'm not sure if I could have sized up to an L because I didn't bother trying them. I'd actually be interested in trying one in L, but my suspicion is that the neck and shoulders might have been too big, and that I just don't have the frame size to carry a large - what I find can happen sometimes is that when the necks are bigger, they kind of hang down at the back like a v-neck at the back - that might just be my posture though.

I think that if you take M / 48 / 39 in the majority of things, then M would be the best size for you in the silks. I'm sure the ivory will make a return next season anyway, as the black have been carried over every season.

11. Cudifying

Cudifying Member

im 6'1 and i wear a 50 in the ss13 cafe racer and it looks really cropped on me but i like it that way :)

12. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

13. Forsaken

Forsaken Member

5'7". It's a size 44

14. kpmurphy

kpmurphy Well-Known Member

Funny, random story. I stopped by Barneys to check out their SLP inventory this afternoon(They had the reissued Crash denim which actually looked pretty good). I hustled to catch the elevator without paying much attention, and I look up to see I'm on the elevator with Mick Jagger and his family. Saw him briefly checking out the SLP also, but I think he was mostly shopping for his grandkids.

15. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

Looks like LVR have got some FW15 stuff up for pre order now, there isn't much at the moment but I'm sure we'll see more soon.