Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Agree on the boots, it's basically zips and the two-piece leather w/ seams.

As with any SLP collection, it's always a good idea to see the individual pieces in person as there tend to be slight but potentially important differences between pieces (i.e., leather used, sizing, etc.).

I actually see the SS15 denim jacket has gone up in price on the site - I bought it a month ago, it was 590 euro and now it's listed as 650 euro. Anyway, this jacket is a perfect example of why you want to either see it in person or make sure you can return as it was way to huge - huge arms, huge arm holes, too long. Nice denim, though. :) I ended up getting the Bruce Conner-inspired denim jacket and it is a very typical cropped/skinny SLP fit.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  3. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

^looks good

anyone contacted LN-CC before? they don't seem to reply...i need measurements

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Missed out on this piece initially, it is one I really wanted from the pre-order on LVR but by the time I found it (pretty early on, actually) it was sold out except for a size 46. Looked for it in SLP stores but it was sold out there, too. One in my size 48 popped back up last week so I grabbed it. Nice embroidery on the velvet collar, got a psych/military thing going on...kinda like a Stones-y mid/late-sixties vibe. Super simple but cool, will be a great spring/summer/fall evening jacket w/ a T and denim + Santiags.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Sunny23

Sunny23 Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shot of my jodhpurs and destroyed. Can anyone comment on the difference in quality and shape between older jodhpurs and current version? The ones I have are from 2014 I believe and look more narrow than the current version. Also the leather seems to be more soft and thin?

6. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Very nice man, never seen it anywhere, it's really similar to the naval officer jacket in the shape and cut, but does it cost more or less?

7. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Hey, yes - it's very similar - I believe it has the same cut/shape as the naval officer jacket w/ the gold piping/trim. The collar on this one is black velvet w/ gold embroidery but there are no other embellishments.

I believe this version is slightly more, maybe 100 euros or so. And yeah, I've never seen it anywhere but on the LVR pre-order. I tried to get one back in February and they were already sold out, and I've never seen another online or in store. The LVR pre-order shipped March 31, so I'm guessing someone ordered/cancelled this item as it doesn't appear to have been worn before or returned.

Who knows, but I'm glad I happened to look last week as this is one of the pieces I was sure I wanted from SS15.

8. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

Hey guys, I wear a 26 in the fw13 DO2 black jeans and I was considering the stained or maybe the waxed fw13 jeans, does the waist fit the same as the other jeans from that season? I have heard the stained ones are very skinny, I don't mind them being slimmer in the legs but around the waist might be a problem.

9. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

For Dior they were a half inch tighter in the waist. Not 100% sure for SLP, however, based on the eye test I suspect similar. I'd be careful ordering if you can't easily exchange.

10. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

the stained ones from fw13 are the super skinny cut, i'd size up one.

11. scanner

scanner Senior member

Wow that jacket looks great Prudy!

12. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@scanner thank you! I am loving it...

13. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

14. RobertC23

RobertC23 Member

Purchased a brand new pair of this season's black destroyed in a size 30 from a reputable seller on Grailed.

Didn't work out unfortunately so I'm letting them go for the same under retail price I paid ($650).

Message me if interested.

15. JRS192

JRS192 New Member

Hi guys, looking into getting some Saint Laurent Raws.
    I've found that Levi's 510s and Nudie Tube Toms fit quite well on me, what's comparable SL-wise?

Thanks!