Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. slann01

slann01 Senior member

I'm sorry but it's fake. the material and the printing on the tag are a giveaway.
    Just found this on farfetch, never seen it anywhere, I think it's super cool:
    [​IMG]

2. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

I tried that on at Bond St a few weeks back - It's a great piece, love the swallow tail...

Looks great w/ the hat.

3. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

4. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Posted my review of the Chain Harness Wyatt boots on my blog: Luster Catcher - complete with sizing, fit and construction information (and obviously lots of pictures! ) Let me know if you like it, feedback and critiques are always appreciated :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. kpmurphy

kpmurphy Well-Known Member

Great detail shots, slann.

Grabbed these Duckies last week, really happy with them. I purchased the pink ones when they went on sale, but those were more of a novelty item I've only been able to wear a couple times; I see myself wearing the black ones quite a bit.
    [​IMG]

6. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

Nice review Slann, I really like the chain harness boots and will probably get them one day. I have the normal fw13 Wyatts and they're probably my favourite boots, so I'm sure I'll love those ones as well.

@kpmurphy Those duckies look really cool.

7. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Monsieur Slimane makes the best jeans and boots

8. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Last edited: May 11, 2015

9. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

Great review man as I said on fb :). I've sold my chain wyatts as they were a tad too tight and in reality a bit of an impulse buy that wasn't properly thought through - I prefer the more casual look with the suede boots.

So I've re-invested (ugh - investmenet is a bad word lol) that money into the L01. I tried size 48, they had it lying around in the back, the leather had already softened with age and the back chain was almost falling off but even then it felt too constricting on my arms (like my tricep was bulging out of it). Tried 52 in the black and it was too big. So I went with the size 40 (I would consider myself 'usually' a size 48/size M in clothing - this is my first SLP jacket).

If anybody has recommendations on another t-shirt I can wear under this to mix it up I'd love to hear it.. preferably not a £300 pound SLP silk one hehee.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Slann - great review, and great pictures. I liked how everything flowed together well.

I also loved that Napoleon Officers Jacket on your grail list! Wow.

11. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Thanks for the kind words guys. @SirGrotius I think the design of that jacket is one of the most defining of Slimane's career at Dior Homme - too bad I've never seen it in real life :(

12. Sunny23

Sunny23 Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some new pick ups from 2013

13. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@slann01 great review, I love the closeups and pics!

Two things to add: you say that the Wyatts are blake construction (true) but you also say the Santiags are blake construction when I believe they are goodyear...not 100% on that but I'm pretty sure...

Also, one difference I've found w/ the chain harness wyatts is that the upper is narrower than the other iterations of the wyatt boots (aka, regular harness, concho, etc.). I found this was important for sizing as anyone with a wider heel ankle might have to size up .5.

The guys at Selfridges confirmed this was true to me but if anyone has contrary info I could be incorrect...

Anyway, great blog post!! Looking forward to the next one, what are you going to review next? :)

14. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

15. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Damn, really awesome. Too bad for the price and the leather, I hope they make a denim version of it.

@Prudy thanks man - about the santiag construction I remember that a slp sales rep told me they were blake, but probably it wasn't really sure about it, I'll ask the folks on reddit/r/goodyearwelt to be sure about that. About the shaft size you're right and thanks because I'll add this tip into the review. For the next review, in general it will probably be a BBS garment, and talking of SLP the review of my double buckle duckies, my de force bracelet or one of the ss15 hats if I'll be able to get one ;)