1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

2. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Does anyone know if that belt/chain thing in the Skinny lookbook posted upthread is an actual item that's going to be in production?

][​IMG]

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Funny you mention that -- I was also wondering. Like it a lot for some reason.

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

I went to the YSL store near me yesterday, but couldn't see anything. They said the stuff won't be in the Japanese stores for several months.

edit; one note of interest for me will be if the prices stay the same. On the Online store, it looks like they've simply translated prices directly from the current exchange out of Euros... so the $5200 jacket is 498,000 yen. Generally, there is a heavy markup with designer goods in Japan, so I'll be curious if this price stays the same in the Japanese boutiques.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  5. darkknight

darkknight Senior member

i hate the models he's using for the campaign photoshoot. at least the dior homme models looked cool and edgy. these guys look like little boys. with ghey poses too. makes me not wanna wear the same clothes. tho i do like the black jeans, the chain belt, and the sneakers.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

^ agreed. it feels so incomplete imo. someone on sufu said it was like he took a bunch of shitty filler from old dior collections and tweaked it a bit. there's nothing that stands out - no mohair capes, napolean jackets, gold boots, blood spatter shirts, etc etc etc. i know that stuff has been hyped to death so people are sick of them, but there was a reason for that.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. colabear

colabear Senior member

I agree, it's hyped up.

I love it too. I also like this one from him
    [​IMG]

I think Gucci Group is like Honey Boo Boo, money makes them holla. It's a disadvantage if they don't capitalize with the 40s to 90s considering YSL produces a diverse cache of products.

8. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

I thought I would bump this thread just to check to see if anyone has spotted any of the men's stuff in the wild. There are a couple items I'm interested in, but I'm not keen on buying anything blind, or without at least hearing about what the sizing is like (which I'm sure will be bizarre, as usual).

9. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

10. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

o.0 Someone thinks their leather goods are on par with Hermes now

11. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

lol this is so bad

12. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

The prices are strangely inconsistent. $280 is a lot for a plain silk tie by any standard -- Tom Ford and Brioni et al actually do interesting things at that price point (unconventional fabrics, knits with standard point bottom, etc). $315 for plain cotton tees and $510 for a plain sleeveless jersey sweatshirt is pretty silly.

I figure the ipad case is just stunt pricing because of the studs and to attract attention.

On the other hand, dress shoes with lots of studs are under $1000, whereas I've seen similar things by Prada and Gucci well into the four digits. Jeans in the $400s is pretty standard right now, including for less prestigious brands than this, and $1300-1800 actually seems low for outerwear in the rarefied YSL echelon, though it should be noted it's minimally structured and made of 65% polyester / 35% cotton.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  13. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

Shame about the crazy pricing, I actually like the black/gray hoodie and black zip sweatshirt...Some are even more expensive than Givenchy

14. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I like how the 100% cotton hoodies are over $800 and that's become par for the course (at Junya, Givenchy, Balmain, and the like) even though there is no detailing or "design" whatsoever.

It almost makes the silk chiffon double-layered ones from Lanvin or the cashmere-silk ones Marc Jacobs sells for $4K begin to seem reasonable.

And touting "raglan construction" evades the fact that you don't get a front zip and they didn't have to pay for the hardware.

15. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I agree that $1.5K is now the standard for "high-end" outerwear, but that short trench is just a short trench. the peacoat is just a peacoat.

the hoodies are something one could buy in a mall. There is nothing there that is remotely interesting or desirable.

16. Tsuji

Tsuji Senior member

size XS sold out in peacoat...

17. Cyber7Punk

Cyber7Punk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  18. Cyber7Punk

Cyber7Punk Well-Known Member

+1

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013