Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

they sincerely look bad. my dad wears his jeans like that. Where the jeans are pulled up so far up your ass crack the back pockets are like the eyes on a hammerhead shark. seriously.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

2. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

i don't know, i don't think they look SO bad. bear in mind the upcoming sl jeans are going to be much higher waisted than the current ones anyways.

i'm letting go of extra pairs of both black and blue super destroyed jeans, ss15, size 30, bnwt, pm me if you want either. also i don't think anyone here will be interested, but a super rare first season (i.e., better than the new ones in every way, slimmer, cropped, better leather) biker (48).

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

That first pic is atrocious but we're 11 years later and the cuffs make me think of raw heads. I love the second pic.

Do you think SLP is meant to be stacked, medium stacked, or no stacks? It's difficult to say, but I love the cut of the 15.5cms 2% stretch.

Besides the leg opening, what else has Hedi changed from the dior days to the cut of the jeans? They almost look lower front and back rise to me, but not sure.

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@neonrider I might be interested in the leather will pm you.

5. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

SirGrotius I would say that with the 15.5s, there's quite a bit of flexibility in how they can be worn. On the runway they've been shown pretty much every way possible from moderate stacking, to no break, to cropped above the ankle. If you examine the lower leg, they remain at around 15.5 - 16 cm for a good length, which means that if hemmed, you don't lose the skinny hem like you did with Dior jeans, which only really got skinny towards the end. Personally I like no break or just a slight break, as it looks cleaner.

A word of caution though to anybody that's planning on hemming any jeans, they do get a little shorter from wear due to creasing behind the knee, and they also ride up from movement or sitting down etc. I hemmed a couple of pairs to a perfect length to wear with cropped jodhpur boots, but after wearing them for a day, they got shorter and ended up way above the boots, and even before that I had to constantly pull them down when I stood up every time I sat down.

6. vlxvndr

vlxvndr Well-Known Member

Yeah it sucks when it happens. That's why I wear the jeans a few times first prior to hemming them.

Really enjoyed the discussion regarding the globalization of fashion and trends being lengthened a few pages back. Thanks to everyone who contributed to that.

7. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

How much for the blue super destroyed? Are they the skinny version?

8. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

If they aren't skinny then neon isnt the idol I thought he was

9. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

lol, just pm me. yes, skinny versions. i'm not an idol i just play one on the internet.

10. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Definitely more distinctive...

12. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

^ those look great. I prefer them in white but black is awesome too. Though you can't go wrong with CP's for a casual shoe, I still remember when they would retail for like $400 ($340-350US) canadian way back when.

13. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

are we talking about the black leather trainers with glitter bits on them or is there another pic i cant see?

look cheap and trampy as fuck. very jeremy kyle guest.

14. simonaero

simonaero New Member

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I own the plain white lows and CP Achilles + tournament lows. All kinda different shoes with different shapes - SLP is the lightest of the 3 though.