Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

youre a lazy stupid arrogant kid. this is the slp thread. go start an april77 thread and whine over there.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  2. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

Okay the real answer to your question is wings+horns made in Japan jeans if you can find them.

Similar quality and same cut as Dior (aka slightly better than SLP) because they are made in the same factory.

I say the Dior is better only based on the D02 I handled in the first SLP season.

Edit: nvm I had the 17.5 which may have been the D01, w+h don't make the 15.5

3. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

now now guys Monsieur Hedi wouldn't want this!

4. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Thanks for the shout out saintlaurent :)

Anyway, to answer your question slpbaby, it's just as I written in my review. The actual fw14/ss15 pair of bikers uses real lamb leather,very soft and luxurious to the touch. The 2% poly listed is inside the denim... Basically is the elastane that permits the fabric to stretch when you wear them. I suggest strongly going tts, as it will stretch a bit with time, especially in the waist. I don't recommend sizing down unless you have the same legs as the Slp runway models and you can also try them in store since the aggregate of zippers and leather quilted areas constricts the movements around your knees. Anyway the bikers are a phenomenal clothing piece, a real "head turner"... When I wear them to the parties and at the University I get a lot of compliments and everybody stares at them.... I hope this post helped :)

5. jsimonovis413

jsimonovis413 Senior member

Ok, so he does, but what if he is choosing not to? I can technically "afford" to buy 6-5 pairs of SLP Denim, I just won't eat for the rest of April.

Also, we both know SLP jeans don't go for $200/300. You'd be hard pressed to find any under the $500 range.

I agree with the philosophy of quality over quantity but that's not the problem I have with you. It's simply the way you talk to people. Instead of targeting them or being condescending, try to be compassionate or helpful in a kinder way. There is just no need for that kind of negative attitude around here. At the end of the day, it's just clothes.

6. jsimonovis413

jsimonovis413 Senior member

Michelle Bachmann, is that you?

7. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Theres a clear difference to merely having enough money to buy an item and being able to afford the item.

Being able to afford the item to me is you can easily throw away the money for this item without second thought.
    If you need to think about your budgeting after you spend money on an item or you need to think about something like that then you are ABLE to buy it but you can't exactly AFFORD it.

Like the other user said, for example i have $2k right now i can easily buy some 2k jacket or whatever, just go MrPorter and buy it right now, but what will i eat and do for the next few weeks.

Just my thoughts.

About the argument, i think it WAS slightly condescending..no hate just saying. Everybody has a right to ask for alternatives, lets be honest no one here is a millionaire who is buying all the collections like a VIP, we have a hobby, we work for the money to save and buy, how we get the money is nobody's business thats why no one asks.. I have friends who are quite interested in high fashion which is not uncommon, in fact they even may follow it just as much as one of us but they can't afford it. He's a new user with 5 posts so its a bit hard to have contributed much in those 5 posts, when 3 of them are questions here. Your advice did make sense and you're always helpful here neonrider much respect and love however it was the wording that may have offended.

The quality over quantity yes, is agreeable. I would also say that SLP denim is half decent at LEAST, my destroyed' are pretty soft JP fabric.

All of us here are fans of Hedis work obviously, we should be able to have polite respectful banter and share this common interest amongst ourselves where anyone can join in.

8. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

read your review, very good, btw you should have a link to your site in your signature :)

in the end i kept them and im so glad i did. please let us know if you do get it tapered below the knee - i'd be interested in seeing how it looks when put on... i am on the fence about doing that, becauese already once you get over the 'bulky' area of the leather knee panel it already looks like ts intentionally tapered inwards, so to taper it more might make them look.. triangular?

9. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior member

Thanks for your insight @slann

I'll be honest.. I love the biker denim too
    I thought I would see them around here n there, but I've only seen one person with them. Idk if that's due to the price or because they've been out for 2+ years already and zippers could be fading a bit?

10. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

Quick Santiag color question:

Are the "Brown Suede" Santiag on SSENSE and the "Nut Brown" Santiag on YSL.com the same shoe?

The shoe on YSL.com looks a shade or two darker from the photos online.

11. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior member

They look different to me. Ysl looks dark brown, while ssense looks lighter nut brown

12. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

Jesus, I just gave the guy genuine advice and you SLP elitists ripped him to shreds. Not everyone can afford SLP shit, so stop knocking him for it; you look pathetic trying to be holier-than-thou

13. Delanho

Delanho Senior member

picking my intestines off the floor right now [​IMG]
    and its ironic as I'm waiting on a pair of sl02hs to come in the mail... yet I can't afford to own SOLELY slp kicks so I'm not worthy... haha

14. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior member

This is a 16 year old debate.. Lets all drop it friends

15. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

I was thinking the same... and prefer the lighter color on ssense... now the $1000 question. TTS, size down or size up 1?

Anyone here purchase Santiag's from ssense?