Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior member

What's up guys.. I wanted to purchase the biker pants but wasn't sure what size to get due to the thighs being tighter apparently than usual. Is it truth? Or am I good with 32 like my other slp? Anybody have a pair that could share some thought? Or anybody got 2 cents bout them?

2. Delanho

Delanho Senior member

bizarre response

3. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

lol. it's actually a very nice response to someone who barged in here, asking questions that weren't about saint laurent, only how to imitate it as cheaply as possible without putting in a single thought. that's superficial, arrogant, and a little bit pathetic.

you should be grateful that several people took the time to answer your question given all that, especially when you haven't contributed anything to this forum--not even a single question that counts.

instead, you were ungrateful. so, like i said, you should probably fuck off. i certainly won't be answering any more of your inane questions, and i'm pretty sure others feel the same way.

happy easter! :) :)

slpbaby, i'd just go with your true size. i used to size up one on bikers, but they stretch quite a bit at the waist/thigh, so now i just go tts. i have a bnwt 32 lying around somewhere, if you want mine, pm me.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015

4. jsimonovis413

jsimonovis413 Senior member

I rrally, really dislike you.

You always seem to have a condescending tone to address those that you find unworthy of posting on this thread. For you to say things like "Everybody can afford a pair of SLP" simply demonstrates how deluded and out of touch with reality you truly are.

5. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

lolol. good, i really dislike you too. you're a poser who only jumped on the sl bandwagon when it became trendy and you never contribute anything to this thread either.

let's be clear. i said everyone HERE can afford a pair of sl denim, not starving children in the congo. that's pretty obvious. if you can't spend 300ish bucks on a pair of denim, you're probably in the wrong place. maybe you should post in an april77 thread somewhere. it's really not rocket science.

6. jsimonovis413

jsimonovis413 Senior member

What the fuck is wrong with you? You sound like a psycho straight out of a movie. You don't know the first thing about me to launch a personal attack on me to determine wether im a poser or not. Nor do you have any knowledge as to when I got "into YSL". It's not a fucking club you know? You don't need a fucking membership.

Second of all, you are still fucking DELUDED. Just because people post here/lurk here dossnt mean they shit $100 bills. I know a lot people who can appreciate designer clothing but unfortunately are unable to splurge or pieces because they lack the funds. It is okay for people to search for alternatives. And you dont have the right to make people feel worthless because of their own personal situation.

7. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

yeah, i'm being a jerk. sorry.

but look. the original poster was the one who pointed out that he had the money to buy 5-6 pairs of jeans. so clearly he DOES have the money to afford what he wants. he's not the starving artist you're making him out to be.

all i did was suggest that he buy one thing he actually likes versus 5 things he doesn't.

so the point is not actually about me being an elitist, but the poster getting an answer he didn't want. why bother asking if that's your attitude?

i'll stand by my comment that everyone on this forum can afford to spend $2-300 on a pair of jeans, instead of the same amount on five pairs. how much do you think the average user here's budget is? i think they'd be happier spending more for fewer items they really want, instead of less on more stuff that doesn't really do it for them. like the guys that buy fifty ties...or twenty pairs of the same office shoes...fifty flannels...whatever. what's the point? you end up spending as much as you would on an sl leather (or whatever grail), and you don't get the same enjoyment out of all that stuff.

as for being a poser, if you feel worthless because you can't have the clothes you want, the clothes probably aren't the problem. that kind of fashion machine is exactly what slimane's trying to get away from. which is why there are obvious alternatives to sl, like cheap monday, april77, whatever.

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Acne Max and the previously mentioned Thin are good alternatives SLP denim
    SLP denim is nothing to write home about quality wise - it's the cut and brand on the tag you're paying money for

9. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

I disagree with this strongly. I owned many pairs of Acne denim and various others before '13 and all the SLP denim I've bought since then is far superior. There's no comparrison, especially over time as the SLP retains it's shape while the others fall apart.

10. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

I think he means quality in comparison to the price they charge. But yeah SLP cuts are goat

11. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ In the EU SLP skinny raws are 100€ more than Acne max. By either measure, there's no comparrison IME.

12. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior member

thoughts on the biker denim? Worth it? Anybody else have?

Also I noticed on slp main site that it's listed 98% cotton 2% polyurthane .. Which I'm assuming is fake leather

But On ssense, Barneys and luis say 100% lamb?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

13. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

The polyurethane is to do with the stretch/elastic of the jeans its just part of the basic composition. I don't own the bikers as they aren't my thing, but Slann01 did a informative review on them. http://lustercatcher.blogspot.it/2015/04/saint-laurent-signature-skinny-denim.html He also states they are lamb leather, but it's possible they used different leather in previous seasons. The YSL website description does say "outer calf" but they also seem to be using the womens version for their pictures so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

14. Delanho

Delanho Senior member

I own one pair of d02s. I'm a college student.. I can't afford to have solely SLP denim.. so I asked the SLP thread some alternatives because I expect that plenty of people in the thread have denim that is not SLP. My question was not worthless or irrelevent..

In no way does me that translate into me "barging in" and trying to imitate SLP "as cheaply as possible without putting in a single thought." I also have no idea how that is pathetic, arrogant, or superficial. Literally, none of those adjectives can be appropriately used to describe me asking a harmless question that no one had a problem answering, except you.

Do you believe everyone in this thread can afford crash denim? Perhaps I wanted some highly distressed jeans but couldn't afford a ~1k price tag... ?

Its absurd that you are so offended by someone asking for an alternative to a very expensive designer brand. Just because I can't spend 5k on a biker jacket or 1k on some distressed denim, doesn't mean I don't love the brand as much as the next guy.

(I'm not interested in a response if you could resist.)

15. simonaero

simonaero New Member

Hey guys. Longtime lurker. I'm about to order the grey f/w 14 varsity and wanted some help with sizing. I'm 6ft /215lbs. I wear a 42 suit and a 52 in the slp L17 biker.

I'm thinking of getting the varsity in a 52 also as mr porter states it's true to size.

Thanks !
    [​IMG]