Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

I have FW13 D02's and my brother has the Warsaw raws, and they're pretty damn close to eachother. I've compared them both and the sizing is pretty TTS, maybe size down one if you want a skinnier fit. As far as quality, it's not going to be as nice as the MIJ's from FW13 but for the price point its a damn good alternative

2. dipp

dipp Member

Are D02's 16cm leg opening? Or 15.5cm?

3. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

4. roughoutlove

roughoutlove Member

Calling out the SLP gurus in this forum, I need help discerning which season these jodhpurs are from.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Looks like last season if I had to guess. This season is pretty different

But I'm no expert

6. Dynamics

Dynamics Senior member

edited

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  7. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

i believe current season inside is same colour as outside not blac and also the buckle is more of a brushed bronze colour whereas the earlierone is more goldish and shiny

8. kpmurphy

kpmurphy Well-Known Member

Color and shape on those jodhpurs looks identical to my FW13 pair, that would be my best guess.

Thanks for the sizing advice on the Santiags the last couple pages, should receive my pair in the next few days!

9. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Those are either SS13 or AW13 as those are the only seasons with the reference code of 315166. Colour is a little lighter (more beige) than the newer cigar ones, and if you look at the strap the position is a little higher. I had the black from SS13 in the really soft leather (315166 AQE00 1000), sizing was a bit funny though so I ended up selling them - I had to size down all the way to 43.5 because of the amount of heel slippage - I do have really narrow feet though. Shape was nicer than the newer London 20 ones though in my opinion - a bit more pointed, and the buckle was further forward so it was visible from the front, not just the side like on the new ones, ankle hole was smaller too adding to the elongated effect.

10. Jasonronn

Jasonronn Senior member

acne has a newer cut called "thin" they put out last year. they are a little slimmer than D02 so i sized up one and they look great.

11. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

those jodhpurs are fw13, i think, but keiran's the expert.

as for cheap D02 alternatives, you can grab april77's or just some cheap monday tight fits. if you're really, really cheap.

acne's a terrible alternative (nothing personal, no offense), the rise and leg are cut very differently.

that said, nothing really is a substitute for D02's. not even close. in the look or the feel. the point of a pair of jeans isn't just how they fit, but also how they wear, which depends on the denim, and the construction, blah blah blah.

i really have a hard time believing anyone on this forum can't afford a pair of plain raw D02's. i mean most people here spend hundreds of bucks on totally indistinguishable flannels and work boots that are made in china for fuck's sake.

if you're really poor, you should just get exactly one pair of raw D02's, beat the hell out of them for a year or three, and then buy a new pair.

that's by far the smartest thing to do if you're cheap and you want this stuff. it'll look better and make you happier than buying five pairs of shitty jeans that don't really do it for you.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  12. Delanho

Delanho Senior member

I can afford a pair of d02s but SLP denim is not twice the quality of other brands you can get for half the price.. especially when you consider the prices you can get with sales etc. Some people prefer to have a selection of washes and while I can afford a few pairs of D02, I can't afford a 6 pair rotation of washes.. so I am trying to get a few extra light wash denim for the summer at a different price point...

try not to be so distasteful as to say "if you're really poor, you should just get exactly one pair of D02s.."
    for obvious reasons
    or if they aren't obvious then just nevermind lol
    aside from th

13. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

if you can't handle exactly the advice you asked for, then you should probably fuck off from this thread. i don't think anyone's here to answer questions this dumb.

14. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

If you guys wanna get technical about quality and crap or are just buying raw SL denim(lol) there are a couple brands that focus on denim, that have raw denim that you should definitely buy over SLP

But as far as washed denim or the bikers or something SLP is FTW!

15. scanner

scanner Senior member

I've tried to wear raw denim for a long time and i've gone through them all, from the japanese workwear repro's to the tough american bespoke denim guys, all the way to apc, lanvin and dior. I've worn all those jeans as directed - 6 months / 1 year etc, done the careful hand wash and dry and never have I ever gotten any results I've wanted. SLP denim has done that for me and more as well as maintain their shape. I love the use of interesting, unique and waxy like substances on the raw jeans as well as the use of the thinner denim that has been comfortable to wear and achieve incredible looking fades and characteristics in a short amount of time and they just keep getting better. Best of all, they maintain their shape no matter how many wears. Anyway, I now have a couple of pairs of SLP raw denim from SS13 and they still get worn nearly daily and I think they'll be with me for a long time to come. At some point I'll probably buy like 10 pairs of raws and hide them in a safety deposit box should Hedi ever decide to retire :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015