Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Craig767

Craig767 Member

Hello! I recently bought the Jodhpur suede boots, and I've worn them about 4-5 times. However, today I noticed they are slightly bent near the toe-cap, forming a hill/ridge along the top. Sorry if I've described it badly, but here's a picture. This hill is visible when I wear the shoes and when I don't, and there was no hill when I bought them; the top of the shoes were completely straight. The only way I can get rid of the hill is to bend the toe cap forward slightly.
    As mentioned, I've only warn these shoes 4/5 times, I've kept them very safe, not worn them in rain etc, and they're a good fit
    Does anybody have any idea why the hill is there, any way I can get rid of it, and whether I should be worried about them ruining my shoes? Thanks! :)

2. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

its a crease mate unavoidable lol dw about it some even prefer their boots to have the worn in look but everyons different of course

3. Craig767

Craig767 Member

Thanks for the help - I'm an idiot :p Couldn't think of the word 'crease' to describe it, and haven't had any shoes that have creased before :D

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@numb3rs yeah, out drinking beers now but I can post a pic later.

IME the new shirts mostly fit the same, aka, silk the same as old silk, etc. The tunics are blousy but still fit tts in the neck/shoulders/wrists. The new boat neck T's (stripes) fit S but if you like a fitted feel go tts.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015

5. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

there's really no way to avoid the crease. it's not a flaw, and it's not just you. it's just the way the shoes are constructed. almost every sl shoe (not to mention any well constructed shoe) will develop one. it's a consequence of using decent leather, real stitching, and a leather sole.

6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Wait til he finds out he's going to develop those on his face too. And there's nothing Hedi can do about it.

7. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

The black leather jodhpurs crease even more man they look like the italian or japanese niche boots lol, i found the suedes dont as much cuz of the material. I use shoe trees for the black ones and not for the suedes.

It refuced the creaes heaps i shoukd have got them day 1. You can get for your suedes too. Some people get the $100 ones i just get the $20 ones from ebay china cedar still of course.

8. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

yeah, the really soft leather shoes crease like craaaazy. personally i think the leather one those is way too soft for shoes that are supposed to look a little hardcore. the worst were actually duckies boots, the leather was so soft that they looked like goth ninja boots after a while :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015

9. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I like the softer leather on the shoes from the first 3 seasons because of the way they crease, but I'd imagine a lot of people don't. The leather they're using on a lot of black shoes now is still soft, but doesn't crease as much or as nicely - the old ones looked kind of used just from trying them on a few times.

10. sillyfingers

sillyfingers New Member

[​IMG]
    Was thinking about purchasing this. Does this run slim? Should I go TTS?

11. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

Same here. The packaging is just as important as the product. I mean I wouldn't return something because I didn't like the packaging but I've been pretty disappointed with packaging before.

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Wore my santiags for the first time yesterday. Surprisingly they were comfortable. Most high end shoes make my feet hurt after a bit. I agree with the other poster about your toes getting squished when you make. Make sure you keep that in mind when picking out the right size.

13. Delanho

Delanho Senior member

Guys wearing D02 denim... are there any other brands that have a similar fit? for instance, which models by acne or apc compare, if any?

14. ninopwns

ninopwns Senior member

April77 is pretty close

15. Delanho

Delanho Senior member

What is the sizing like on these? Price point seems much lower.. how is the quality?