• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Randeep

Reaction score
@neonrider @slann01 you have convinced me to keep them haha, **** the guy through ebay who i've told a 2nd time i have changed my mind ain't gonna be best pleased! besides, both my girlfriend and mother say they are cool and i should keep them heh.

can anybody comment on the sizing for the fw14 oversized plaid shirt here please? basically i want a shirt to pair with the biker jeans + wyatts. I think to compensate for the jeans it would look better with oversized? also i want it to wear with light ripped jeans + wyatts or jodphurs

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...d_cod38390758qc.html#dept=rtw_men_&itemPage=3

should i get my true size in the oversized? (not sure whether i should be sizing down to compensate for the 'oversize' factor).

they have 38,40 and 41 available.

in the following shirt I had to go for 40 to fit around the chest properly so i'm hoping its the equivalent with the oversize in terms of sitting correctly on shoulders etc?:

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...d_cod38390734hk.html#dept=rtw_men_&itemPage=3

any pointers or opinions would be appreciated...

slann01

Reaction score
@neonrider @slann01 you have convinced me to keep them haha, **** the guy through ebay who i've told a 2nd time i have changed my mind ain't gonna be best pleased! besides, both my girlfriend and mother say they are cool and i should keep them heh.

can anybody comment on the sizing for the fw14 oversized plaid shirt here please? basically i want a shirt to pair with the biker jeans + wyatts. I think to compensate for the jeans it would look better with oversized? also i want it to wear with light ripped jeans + wyatts or jodphurs

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...d_cod38390758qc.html#dept=rtw_men_&itemPage=3

should i get my true size in the oversized? (not sure whether i should be sizing down to compensate for the 'oversize' factor).

they have 38,40 and 41 available.

in the following shirt I had to go for 40 to fit around the chest properly so i'm hoping its the equivalent with the oversize in terms of sitting correctly on shoulders etc?:

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...d_cod38390734hk.html#dept=rtw_men_&itemPage=3

any pointers or opinions would be appreciated...

The sizing in the picture looks great. In my opinion you should go for the oversize only if you plan to use the shirt itself as a spring/Summer jacket.

neonrider

Reaction score
sizing looks perfect. i wear my bikers with everything except typical biker jackets...that's too much biker for one look :) :)

this season, i'd probably go with one of the check shirts with the sparkly thread. they look pretty understated and i bet they'd look pretty sharp with bikers! but that's just me.

the oversized shirt you linked to is a really heavy wool...it'd be impossible to wear in the summer or spring (at least for me), it's more like a fall jacket really.

Last edited:

LLoman

Reaction score
Just to give people a heads up, there's a pair of chain jeans in a 30 on yahoo Japan auctions at the moment. If I wear a 30 in 14aw, with a little room, could I fit in them??

Thanks

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Just received my espadrilles and they are great. If I wasn't such a huge fan of Margiela I could see myself taking the Saint Laurent road

Randeep

Reaction score

Just to give people a heads up, there's a pair of chain jeans in a 30 on yahoo Japan auctions at the moment. If I wear a 30 in 14aw, with a little room, could I fit in them??

Thanks

Link?

You need to size up two for the chain jeans, they are very very slim. We both need a 32.

I'm from London as well and anyway I'd just like to point out to be very, very, very cautious online. I am not kidding you when I say I've been fucked over twice with fake chain jeans in the past 3 months.

Basically I'm over it unless I see someone trustworthy in thr group on Facebook selling them

Randeep

Reaction score
Neon rider , slann, thanks. I guess I'll skip the shirts for now then. :satisfied:

LLoman

Reaction score

Link?

You need to size up two for the chain jeans, they are very very slim. We both need a 32.

I'm from London as well and anyway I'd just like to point out to be very, very, very cautious online. I am not kidding you when I say I've been fucked over twice with fake chain jeans in the past 3 months.

Basically I'm over it unless I see someone trustworthy in thr group on Facebook selling them

There two on there Imma link you both, thank me later I think there both 30.

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b170360609

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f146469492

They look pretty legit on both pairs but don't take my word for it. There is a pair to buy outright but it's a ridiculous price.

Your welcome
1f603.png

mcking

Reaction score
@ohyehhh if they are a 41.5 or 42 i'll take those hedi 30 off your hands! You can get sevilles afterwards lol

Last edited:

kpmurphy

Reaction score

Hey guys, sorry for beating a dead horse, but any more input on sizing for these? I saw a couple people mention sizing up(as Mr. Porter recommends), and a few saying they needed to size down; I understand this might be a manufacturing thing but any more insight would be great.

I'm a true 44.5, but only had the option of ordering a full-size. I went 44, but I'm wondering if I should swap it out for a 45 before they ship. I jumped the gun online and won't have a chance to try on in-store before the weekend.

Thanks!

Randeep

Reaction score

There two on there Imma link you both, thank me later I think there both 30.

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b170360609

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f146469492

They look pretty legit on both pairs but don't take my word for it. There is a pair to buy outright but it's a ridiculous price.

Your welcome
1f603.png

As I said you and me both require a size 32 in the chain jeans I think. I am basing this off of a waist measurement on my size 30 biker jeans which are snug on me being 42cm laid flat across the waist. Compare that with size 30 in the chain jeans which is 39cm.

First link could be real, I'm just skeptical until proven otherwise.
Second is fake - the stitching on the leather label being done vertical instead of horizontal is one giveaway.

I posted my ordeal on the Facebook group and further updated them with pictures of the fake chain jeans I received vs my legit jeans to help people in the future. If you want I can re-post those pictures here tomorrow.

Basically man don't fall into thr same trap I did.. I got screwed by a seller on who on all accounts seemed legit and trustworthy but that wasn't the case. Luckily I got my money back.

Oh and.. If you do find a real size 32 then I will be thanking you :):)

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score

@ohyehhh
 if they are a 41.5 or 42 i'll take those hedi 30 off your hands! You can get sevilles afterwards lol

Yes they are 42 haha. My usual size is 43. However in wyatts I got 42.5 and in hedi 30 I got 42 as they fit albeit it snugly.

I ordered the only remaining pair of Sevilles from thr selfridges website in size 43. Hopefully they will fit and then I'll make a decision on which I'll keep and which I'll sell if any. Will update you as and when.

LLoman

Reaction score

As I said you and me both require a size 32 in the chain jeans I think. I am basing this off of a waist measurement on my size 30 biker jeans which are snug on me being 42cm laid flat across the waist. Compare that with size 30 in the chain jeans which is 39cm.

First link could be real, I'm just skeptical until proven otherwise.
Second is fake - the stitching on the leather label being done vertical instead of horizontal is one giveaway.

I posted my ordeal on the Facebook group and further updated them with pictures of the fake chain jeans I received vs my legit jeans to help people in the future. If you want I can re-post those pictures here tomorrow.

Basically man don't fall into thr same trap I did.. I got screwed by a seller on who on all accounts seemed legit and trustworthy but that wasn't the case. Luckily I got my money back.

Oh and.. If you do find a real size 32 then I will be thanking you :):)

Thanks for the info and I just wanted to show you what I found, I frequent yahoo Japan auctions and I'll pm you if a 32 ever shows up
1f44d.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads