Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

Good points Kieran, I never used shoe trees because I thought they'd stretch my boots. They're really not built to sl dimensions, even narrow ones. I just leave my boots lying around like you. I do Polish them every once in a while.

2. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Thanks Prudy.

Would you say they're similar in fit and cut? The SS14 one didn't really work for me at all and made me look too feminine. On the right person though it looked great (as with the LVR model above). If you could post pictures that would be great.

Thanks.

3. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Generally yes - the material on the square neck version is almost terry-like, sort of soft and thick, and it is maybe a bit smaller than the SS15 shirt, even. Or, maybe just cut a bit differently, it's hard to describe but I think the SS14 is slightly more feminine, perhaps...

The SS15 shirt is like a thin, tough jersey material, and is maybe more 'masculine' in materials used.

I'll post some pics so you can (hopefully) see.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015

4. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

Prudy those harness Santiags look amazing, wasn't sold on the plain suede versions but the black leather + harness/chain/buckle details definitely do it for me. I really can't remember a designer that did a great black boot that weren't combats or chelsea that were this good...

5. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Thanks Prudy, I'd really appreciate that.

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ yeah man , sorry - ran outta time tonight but I'll take some tomorrow.

@OJSIMPSON thx! yeah I really like the harness santiags a lot - I didn't get to see the suede ones at all...

7. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@kieran84

Here are a few pics. Some observations from comparing them side to side, the SS14 is more 'square' shaped, boxier. The SS15 is actually a bit more fitted and longer/rectangular. Also, sleeves are a few inches longer on the SS15 T.

Both are size M. FYI if it helps I'm 6' and approx 158 lbs. I'm a bit boxier in the chest than the LVR dudes :)

Also, I will say this re: the pics on FarFetch, etc. They may have sized up for those pics. The Ts are really fitted and I just embrace that, tuck it in mostly. If you size up I think they end up looking a bit weird.

SS15:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SS14:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015

8. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

9. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Thanks a lot Prudy. Both look good on you. I think I'll have to try and get to London and give it a try, as I really like both colours this season (the navy and ivory, and the ivory and navy). Not being 100% sure, I don't want to order from the online store again, as I've sent a lot back recently and don't want to get banned or something (I've heard of yoox banning people over too many returns in the past).

Thanks again.

10. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Wow, they ban people for real? I wonder where I am on that list...:)

11. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah, apparently sometimes Yoox ban customers that they determine to be not worth the hassle (packaging and shipping costs). I read a thread once where the poster had a better ratio than me for returns and had been banned. I have however, spent a reasonable amount with them over the last two years, so I think I should be okay (however, I believe Yoox only handle the online store for YSL, and so probably don't profit from those sales anyway). I'm just trying to be a little more cautious since reading that, whereas before I'd just order everything I was at all interested in and send them back if they didn't work out. Even though I try to be a little more confident in what I buy first now, still things often don't work out (same as in store - in store out of what I try I probably buy at most 1/4).

12. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I'd happily just pay a re-stocking fee / shipping fee rather than get banned but apparently they just ban without any prior warning or option to incur the cost yourself.

13. jsimonovis413

jsimonovis413 Senior member

It probably has to do more than just re-stocking/shipping fees. I am confident that a substantial percentage of returns are probably damaged returns or used returns. Like people might buy boots and try them at home on a hard surface and could scratch the bottom of the sole, then return and that probably incurs in higher costs for them.

14. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah possibly. I'm always careful with things I buy and return so I should be okay.

On a more positive note, this just arrived today from the online store today:

[​IMG]

Very pleased with it. I have or have tried more or less every striped t-shirt over the last couple of years (I really like stripes), and I'd say this is probably the nicest one on me yet. Before this one my favourite striped t was the black and grey cotton wool blend one from AW13, but this is much nicer. It's a slimmer fit than the AW13 one, without being too slim, and the linen fabric is very nice and will be great for summer - 10/10. At first I thought £285 was a bit dear for a basic t-shirt, as it's what I'm used to paying for the silk pocket t-shirts, but seeing it on in person, it's definitely up there with the silk t-shirts.

[​IMG]

Looking at Prudy's photos of the Breton top, I think I'm going to have to go and give one of those a try too as it looks really great.

15. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

L17
    rip knee
    high santiag

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015