Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

2. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

If you like it "skinny", then the jacket looks kinda big on you.

3. MR-M

MR-M Member

Well, you're right, it's definitely boxy. Usually, I like more fitted clothing but I feel like the jacket makes for a good contrast with skinny jeans for instance, I quite like it this way. Unless I am completely blind and it looks crazy huge haha

4. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

nah, it's good. you could size down one if you really want, but the varsity's not really meant to fit skin tight. i think it looks good and the jeans do too. the faded black/gray color's overlooked in favor of the black/blue usually, but i think it's really nice because it works with almost everything.

as for mr porter, they've fucked up my last three orders. i got boots that were already worn, stuff delivered late...their customer service is pretty terrible now and i try not to order from them unless i have to.

5. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

I don't know if it's the same for people in other countries, but I find Mr Porter to usually be one of the most expensive online stores. I can usually get a better deal from LVR or Ssense. Also Mr Porter has shit selection, they hardly ever seem to stock xs sizes, so most of the time I can't buy from them anyway.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

I haven't bought much from Mr. Porter, I think 2 things but they arrived just fine - this was 1 1/2 years ago, though, so sounds like maybe things have gotten funky.

That varsity looks good - agree w/ the others, you could size down one but it's up to you, looks good as is, too - they aren't really a fitted jacket, per se.

Jeans look great, too - I do like those faded, SLP does a great job on the treatments.

7. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Just for fun here's some more SS15 stuff...harness santiags, western biker, washed blue denim and striped boat-neck T.

[​IMG]

8. needhelp123

9. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

With shoe trees.

Suede stays in the box, leather is on a rack display.

10. needhelp123

thanks, any issues with dust for the leather??

11. jsimonovis413

jsimonovis413 Senior member

Because you are comparing them to European retailers. And Sense and MrP have almost identical pricing, and in fact, I find the selection at MrP a lot better. (Although SSENSE sales tend to go through cuts faster)

But the MrP sales are great. They bring back items from past seasons at 70% off or so that's always good.

12. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

Prudy that's fantastic. harness Santiags look glorious.

I have shoe trees but to be honest I never use them. I bet they'd help though :)

13. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

That Breton top looks very nice under the leather Prudy. How is it without the leather? It looks good on some websites, but farfetch's pictures are putting me off. I'm not sure on the wide neck-line and cropped sleeves either, because I tried the blue and ivory square necked one with the cropped sleeves from SS14, and I looked terrible in it (like I was wearing my girlfriend's top or something, even though it looked good on the LVR model):

[​IMG]

On storage for boots, I've found shoe trees can stretch shoes, even in the right size, so I'd use them sparingly. Mine that are in rotation, are literally just left on my bedroom floor wherever I took them off - once I start using things, I don't tend to be too careful with them. Quality is good anyway, so they hold up well. Pairs I've got that I'm keeping for future use are left in the box.

14. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

It's just dust man. It won't ruin the leather in the slightest.

I have a shine kit so I take a quickest swipe with my horsehair brush before wearing.

15. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@kieran84 Thanks yeah, I actually have the SS14 one as well that you posted above. I actually like the look but I mostly wear it under leather or a pea coat, etc. I can post a pic of each style w/out a jacket so you can see, will try to get to that soon.

One thing I will say about both is that they are very fitted/rectangular. They are great for tucking into skinny jeans...