1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

Nice, man - great photos looks great all around. Santiags are the shit.

2. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior Member

How did you get ahold of a runway sample biker?

3. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

Same way I got hold of the santiags, I got them second-hand from someone in France who works in the industry.

4. slann01

slann01 Senior Member

What's your usual SLP look for summer? Wearing jeans and leather boots here in Rome with about 35°C isn't a viable option :'(

5. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

Yikes, 35 is hot! But, Rome is beautiful...

I live in milder climates, so I usually just wear skinny jeans, sneakers and a t-shirt. I will wear the boots, but it's usually only about 23-25 where I am. Sometimes you even need a jacket at night during the summer...leather at night, definitely.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015

6. needhelp123

needhelp123 Distinguished Member

yeah its so hot in Australia i can't wear nothing, all i can wear is my SLP jeans and boots and a short sleeve plain tee..

7. newera90

newera90 Well-Known Member

Anyone has experience with shortening the destroyed jeans? Is it possible to keep the hole at the back of the hem?

8. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

no, it's not possible to keep the hole. i really wouldn't recommend trying it shortening the destroyeds.

and as for summer looks, this collection has a ton of stuff for really hot climates. all the tunic style tops are made out of super light cotton, there are plenty of tank tops in different styles, etc. i think i'm just gonna wear a blood luster t and an L-something pretty much forever as far as summer goes.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015

9. kieran84

kieran84 Senior Member

For summer I like cropped jeans with cropped boots if not too hot, and with vans authentics / slip ons if it's hot. Then a striped / silk pocket / blood luster t on top. The cashmere cardigan just arrived today (haven't tried it yet), so hopefully I'll be using that for when the evenings get a little chilly.

10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior Member

The tunics are cool - have really grown on me. Not the easiest look to pull off though.

11. joachim92

joachim92 Well-Known Member

I recently fell in love with the brown suede wyatt boots and I'm thinking about buying a pair. The ones currently on the website are "nut" but I know there are also other variations, like "ochre". What other colours do exist and what is the difference? It's not really clear from pictures on the internet that are taken in different light conditions. Maybe someone has these in different variations and can take a side by side comparison shot?

Also, I read something from 2014 in this thread about how the quality (zippers, extra seam, ..?) is worse than in the past. Is this still the case? € 945 is A LOT (like really a lot) of money for me (still a student) so I don't want to end up with a "bad" product.

12. needhelp123

some say its not as good as the past where they use big zippers etc, but that's not necessarily mean the current ones are 'bad' just not as 'good' in some peoples opinions. I wouldn't let that turn you off, SLP boots are the shit.

13. newera90

newera90 Well-Known Member

yea, as needhelp123 mentioned, its just some people like the 13version with bigger zip, but for me i still like the new version(thats why i bought them) and it is kind of impossible to buy the 13 version in my size anyway(39).

14. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior Member

Man up and deal with the heat lol

15. needhelp123

I tried that, but after a 15 minute walk to the shops I was already sweating like I ran a marathon and the people look at me like im crazy wearing a leather jacket in heat