Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

yeah, for my money the cognac leather is something unique and special. i have a hunch santiags in tan/cognac leather are going to be like the next wave of ochre suede wyatts. they just go with everything and look right, polished, sophisticated, but not in a dull normcore way. it might have to be seen in better lighting than internet pics to be appreciated, it's more like a rust color, not too dissimilar to the original ocher suede, irl.

that said, it's really all about what your style is. if you want to be understated, just get the black chelsea santiags. if you want to go full on punk style, get the harness boots or the pythons.

just for god's sake try them first, because lord knows we have enough jeans sizing questions in this thread :) :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015

2. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Ahaha well said Neonrider, anyway maybe the python ones remind me just too much of the killer Mexican twins from Breaking Bad....they seem to be near sold out already from ssense

3. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

lololol hilarious. you're right they do!!!

4. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

I like all those boots except the snakeskin as well. Just not a good look imo.

5. scanner

scanner Senior member

I love the snakeskin ones.. Reminds me of The Fugitive Kind, or something that a character would wear in a David Lynch film

I got a chance to pick up a pair of Raw Hem denim from LN-CC for $425 before they shot up to regular price. Unfortunately they won't work out.. Size 32 if anyone is interested.

6. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

yeah, i think the python ones are badass in a very good way. if you look at the runway shots, they look super super sharp with everything, maybe because the python skin is so reflective. i think the python wyatt boots looked a little drug dealer because snakeskin moto boots are a little ott, whereas snakeskin cowboy boots are maybe a little truer to the form.

i think one of the cool things about the santiags is the sheer range. like there maybe three colors of wyatts. there are maybe a dozen kinds of santiags, and i can see how they all have their place. it's hard for me to choose between them actually.

so this season, while a lot of the ponchos and tunics are too extreme for me, i'm probably going to grab more boots than i normally would.

speaking of boots, i have a pair of high (11 hole, no zip, taller than the current 9-holes) rangers boots from fw13, lightly worn, that i'm going to let go (size 43). pm me if you're interested.

7. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

the black pythons on the runway look boss

i really like that fur(?) coat FW15, croc coat looks alright too, so does the long pea coat, his cut is so good.

8. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Those black lizard/python boots for FW 15/16 are badass...not sure if I can pull of the heel but I'll be trying them on to see...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015

9. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

That runway sample jacket looks great Prudy. How does the sizing compare to regular retail jackets? You usually take a 48 right? Also those boots in the reddish brown colour you've ordered also look amazing - I think possibly the most interesting of all the Santiags - very authentic looking.

Speaking of the lizard side zips from next season, I also like the look of those, but I think I'll probably end up going with the plainer side-zip or covered gore chelsea in the crinkly leather (and one of the belts too - very understated but elegant). There's a python wyatt heel side-zip this season which looks nice too, and pretty easy to wear.

10. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ Cheers, thanks man.

Sizing is very cropped/skinny. I'm usually a skinny/slim 48IT. The runway sample fits very well, the best one I've tried yet for fit throughout the shoulder/back and in the arms. Kinda fits me like a glove.

I'm assuming it's just a skinny 48 as the shoulders measure the same as my FW14 studded biker (right about 40 - 41cm), but the body is a bit less boxy and more fitted/straight. Aka, there's less room throughout the chest, maybe a 3-4 cm difference between the two. However, since I haven't tried the production models for the same jacket, I can't honestly say if it's a 46 or 48. I'm sorta in between the two sizes, anyway...my guess is that the style of jacket is just different from the normal moto biker so that accounts for the differences. The jacket is also about 1 to 1 1/2 inches shorter than my other SLP biker in the body length. Anyway, I love it!

Those Santiags definitely look cool, I agree - I thought I'd get them today but looks like Monday, instead. The wear they put on them for the runway looks pretty great from what I can tell. We'll see if they produce those, it looks like the various models are starting to roll out now. I am very tempted to also get the lizard leather santiags in dark brown but I think I'm going to hold out for an exotic leather in black, maybe something from the upcoming fall collection in ostrich or lizard or whatever...

11. needhelp123

do you get runway samples from warehouse sale or something?

12. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

No, I got them from a French-based site called Vestiaire Collective. They specialize in second-hand lux clothing and a lot of the sellers on the site are fashion industry folk. You can occasionally find runway samples, etc. The guy I bought the Santiags and western biker from had about 6-8 SLP runway sample items from SS15 that he was selling.

Honestly, you take a bit of a risk in buying the sample stuff sight-unseen as it can be hit or miss. This SLP stuff is hit, luckily. But, anyway - it's a good site for just buying used lux goods and you can find items you may have missed out on from previous seasons or BNWT stuff sometimes that just never sold or people were just holding onto.

13. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Interesting on the sizing. A slim 48 is pretty much my ideal size, as while I can fit a 46, they tend to look a bit small, and the shoulders a bit narrow, for me. Shame the sizing on retail items isn't as slim as the runway.

14. needhelp123

thanks i shall have a look of this site.

how do people get a hold of runway samples? i'm pretty new to this, like do the models keep it and they just give it to their families or something?

15. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

A myriad of ways, I think. Some of these are used in photo shoots (aka, the photos you see on sites like LVR, ssense, etc.) and for pre-order, and some are used on runway/magazine shoots. I think some journalists get them, some photographers, some folks that work for the houses, etc.

Hard to say exactly where a certain piece may come from, but they are usually just the pre-production models. For example, those Santiags I bought, which seem to all be manufactured in Spain for the production runs, were made in Italy. Obviously SLP changed production to Spain for whatever reason to produce them in higher quantities for sale.