Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

I made a stop at the boutique in Ala Moana (Honolulu) and had a good conversation with the store manager. The staff were friendly and knowledgable too. I figured I'd try on the suede Jodhpurs to see how they look and damn do they look nice. I ended up walking out with a pair of white low tops with a 10% discount.

2. jyeom12

jyeom12 Well-Known Member

After much consideration, I think I'm returning those 15ss ripped jeans. Before I return them to ssense, is there anyone looking for these in size 28? I only ask because it seems like size 28s are sold out pretty much everywhere. If nobody PMs me by tomorrow evening, I'll just return them to ssense. Anyhow, thanks everyone on your comments on the fit! Much appreciated.

3. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

I agree, the differences between the MIJ and MII denim is superficial and not significant. I have both, and both pairs over the past two years have been worn a lot and both have held up very well and still look/feel great.

What you may want to consider is the superficial, like the wash, etc. But that is subjective to each individual style, regardless of MIJ or MII.

Also, just pay attention to the cotton/elastaine ratios - more elastaine = more stretch.

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Back to Santiags for a sec, these are currently on their way to me from France (bought them second-hand)...haven't yet been able to track down any other Santiags other than the blk, tan, suede, b&w or lizard skin versions (!).

They appear to have made a suede and tan colored cowboy boot for women in the taller versions, but for the men, at least so far, just the blk and b&w for the taller, cowboy boot versions. Maybe they will get some other style out or the smaller Italian boutiques will turn out their stock to FarFetch after a bit...they always seem to get the good stuff but sell the popular sizes out before they put them up for wider consumption.

Dig the very cool embellished stars/spurs in the western theme. They are intentionally worn-in, so maybe used in photo shoots/shows, etc? These are made from camel leather.

[​IMG]

Photo from the runway SS15 show:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015

5. Zipster1

Zipster1 Senior member

Guys does this look authentic to you? I have a bad feeling.........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

As promised here are a few pics of the wildcat santiags before I head out today. I think this shows just how sleek they are IRL w/ skinny denim. I put on lighter-colored jeans to highlight the boots so you could see the shape better, they look really good w/ BLK or raw blue denim, IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

wish I could afford a SLP biker jacket

8. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

that whole outfit is sick @Prudy

9. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@ohyehhh cheers, man - it's SLP from top to bottom. The cropped moto jackets look good with long collar shirts or longer t-shirts, IMO.

10. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

I'm pretty sure those are the runway samples, prudy. Nice, they're sick, pretty sure they won't be produced like that.

Those jeans are fake, or they've been washed so much they've faded out, which is unlikely.

11. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@neonrider, yeah - that's what I figured as well. Runway samples or photoshoot samples. I assumed they would never produce them 'pre-worn' like that. We'll see...

12. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I'm planing to get a pair of santiag.

Unfortunately I cannot afford the harness one and the plain black ones are not outstanding enough imo, so the Leopard-print suede is now my choice.

But I don't think it can match with the following shirt I bought from previous season (it's very hot here and I am not going to wear a blazer), what do you guys think?

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

Score! From what I've heard, there are production problems to the extent that a lot of this seasons stuff won't be produced until next season. So I'm not sure those will be made at all.

14. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@neonrider that's crazy, I wonder why do you know? Oh, and those Santiags are made in Italy, which also leads me to believe they are not from any production run, etc.

@icvcss I own that red silk shirt, it is great under a black jacket and I think you could rock the wildcat santiags w/ it, sure. Same for the blk & white shirt. I would maybe wear blk skinny jeans w/ it. Or, if you're really worried, you could opt for the plain suede version as well.

The wildcat + other pattern is going to be slightly more adventurous, but I say all the better. If you put those shirts under a jacket, though, you won't see much of the pattern, anyway...

15. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

these are just problems of success. i don't think sl was prepared to deal with the sudden frenzy over slimane's collections, profits doubling, etc. so now they have to change production to meet demand, rationalize it so that it's not totally haphazard, hire more people, build more stores. good problems to have. but a pain for customers to deal with.

i'd go with the plain black chelsea santiags for those shirts. they really look pretty dramatic on. the leopard ones are great, but you'll probably want something plainer for everyday use if you don't have a lot of other stuff.