1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. newera90

newera90 Well-Known Member

I am confused, are you replying me or jyeom12. XD

2. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior Member

Keep them, they're the right size and WILL stretch and then you'll regret sizing up one. As neonrider said upthread you should get the pair of jeans that you can almost-but-not-quite button up/button up uncomfortably.

3. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

yeah, if you want the sl look, that's the right size. they'll stretch out just fine. just wear them solidly for a week. like ohyeh says, if you size up, you'll regret it, they'll bag out at the thighs.

speaking of jeans, i have a pair of 15.5cm rip knees (30/bnwt) i'm going to let go. pm me.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015

4. Spaceman333

Spaceman333 Member

anyone know where I can get this in 42?

[​IMG]

5. schwayz

schwayz Member

6. numb3rs

numb3rs Member

check Railso Stores sales section, I think there's a 42 left for 30% off which comes out to 385€!

7. PattyC

PattyC Senior Member

double post

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015

8. PattyC

PattyC Senior Member

i think ysl.com had one too

9. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

Has anyone tried/owned the black skinny denim from SS15 w/ the frayed hems? I have a couple pair on order, I loved the look of them on the runway and they appear to be made in Japan. Just curious if anyone has an opinion of them so far...

Almost every model was wearing them on the runway but they don't appear to be too widely available yet, maybe there are more on the way. I am also curious if these have the same type of wash/sheen as the Japan raw skinny denim, or if it is different? They look a bit different in the photos to me.

[​IMG]

10. scanner

scanner Senior Member

Hi, yes I posted a fit with them a few pages back and even discussed them with Neonrider. They are different from the other raw black pair. The cut is tweaked, longer inseam, a bit of a bigger fit in waist. The material feels a bit rougher and crispier than the non frayed hem black raw jeans. Even though they have some used/worn markings they are still very much raw. They are also very widely available and have been for several months - I've seen them all at Barneys, Matches, YSL Boutiques, Mr Porter.

11. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

cool thx! I missed that convo, I'll go back and check it out.

12. scanner

scanner Senior Member

[​IMG]

Quick shot of them while I was waiting for take out. I really like them. After about a week of wear they seem to actually fit tighter than I anticipated and am glad I went true to size. In fact, I could have even sized up .5

13. sjson

sjson Active Member

how often does slp denim go on sale (if at all)? i'm debating if i should just buy it for full retail now or wait for any of the stockists to put them on sale... specifically looking for black stretch raw denim.

14. scanner

scanner Senior Member

No problem, I would check the measurements at Mr Porter, they seem to have accurate sizing. They do run a bit bigger in the waist until you get below the knees and then they are pretty tight. I would maybe size down 1 or 2 depending on how you like your jeans to fit.. They will stretch out as well. That said, the sheen and finish is very modern.. aggressive.. definitely for the urban cowboy, Unlike the AW14 Black Raws, which too me were dressier and felt like something you'd wear as a uniform / waiter / suit / dress shirt.

15. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

Cool - I ordered 1 size down from the raws so they should be good. If not, I'll exchange. IME Mr. Porter always recommends one size too large, actually. But, everyone's body is different so that matters.

I find the LVR models are consistently 1 size smaller than me in SLP (aka, them = IT46, me =IT48 and them = size 29, me = size 30) so I just go by that, it's worked so far.