• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

youwhat

Reaction score
? i just asked a question about blogs.

you think people are having a go at you personally for posts not even directed towards you / relating to anything you've said ... but then also you have sly digs at everyone else?

you talk about "you dont get IT" ... "its not intended for you / that kind of person" ... "you can only wear slp if you are 30 waist and under" (but then wears 48s in jackets yourself).

you sound like a right ******* prat to be honest lol

neonrider

Reaction score
thanks, let's take the bitching elsewhere. i'm really not interested in your not-quite-thoughts, though i do note that you read all my posts to the point of memorizing them and hang on every single word, right down to knowing all my various sizes. lol

Last edited:

slann01

Reaction score
C'mon folks we are better than that...let's return to the Slp discussion
Thoughts on this (aw14?) for summer with light ripped jeans + wyatts/jodhpurs?

I tried the gold thread shirts on and realised I don't like the thin material as much as on the above which seems a little more substantial

It fits great, my only advice is that maybe is too heavy for summer, you could try a lighter fabric like the linen shirts!

Last edited:

Prudy

Reaction score
@neonrider regarding the santiag quality, what are your concerns w/ the leather? Just curious as I'm receiving mine (b&w western boots) this week and it would be good to know what those are.

I was also considering the suede because they look so sleek...

I am also just about tempted to pick up one of the suede jackets...but damn, not sure if I'll have the funds. I really like the cropped suede/nappa leather jacket w/ fringe and the more plain but very good looking cargo jacket in suede.

Anyone seen these yet in person? Not sure if they hit stores yet at all...

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That photo of the suede Santiags a few pages back looks amazing. Really want the same boot in plain black leather.

Also, just to pick up on the sizing thing, there are several SLP models who would require size 48, and it doesn't even necessarily mean somebody has a 38' chest.

Prudy

Reaction score
Yeah, they look great - the embellished jeans look great, too.

jsimonovis413

Reaction score
no. we do it because we're cool and not wannabes. we love this stuff, instead of just wearing it because it's instagram or style forum approved, unlike (probably) you.

some thoughts.

1. santiags. the online pics are terrible, and you'll never guess from them, but. santiags are actually narrower and slimmer in every respect than wyatts (except the toe, which obviously is a bit taller). they're much sleeker boots, and they make wyatts look cumbersome in comparison. especially the block heel and almond toe of the wyatts. the zip is smaller because the boots are sleeker. i don't think a big chunky zip would have worked here. the regular wyatts (i.e. without the conches) do still have the big zip. also, the goodyear sole of the santiags makes them much more durable than wyatts; they can really take a beating.

personally, i think the santiags are the best boot that hedi has made in a very long time. they're super hardcore; unlike wyatts, they don't tread the middle ground between punky and conservative. that said, i too am a bit concerned about the quality of some of my pairs. the harness boot is made out of very tough leather, but the others are less so.

2. saint laurent stores. a lot of the people that hedi originally personally recruited have been forced out of the company. this is partly the price of success; the company is becoming more corporate, as it makes more money. as a result, head office has recruited typical luxury sales people, because they think they will sell more stuff faster. shopping at most boutiques now is a terrible experience.

the staff are clueless. but worse, they just don't get the ideas behind the clothes. they're a little like car salesmen--just interested in pushing stuff at the most volume. before, going to an sl store used to be fantastic, you could hang out with cool people and talk about all kinds of things. now, it's just shopping. what i mean is that the people saint laurent has hired now aren't into saint laurent. they don't wear the clothes in their own lives, don't listen to the music, etc. it's a terrible decision, and i think it will hinder the company.

if you really want to get the experience, i recommend NOT going to the boutiques. in london, selfridges is a much better place to hang out at saint laurent than the saint laurent boutiques--the team is more knowledgeable, and they get what hedi is trying to do. in nyc, bergdorf probably is.

3. production. ss15 is having major production issues. most of the santiags (there are still like ten models that haven't been produced yet) haven't hit the market yet. most of the runway pieces have yet to be produced. in part, this is because head office is making them less of a priority, and putting the highest margin stuff first. in part, it's because they're pretty complicated to make.

4. prices. yes, some of the prices are nuts. for example, the red zigzag jacket from the fw2016 runway is going to be 35k. but then again, hedi is trying to push the boundaries of luxury, and redefine the experience of fashion as art. so i think it's actually a good thing. and it's not a big deal, most of the stuff at this level doesn't actually get made unless someone pre-orders it.

5. pr. one of the things i like about slimane is that he laughs at celebrity culture. so of course saint laurent doesn't "gift" anything to bloggers. nor do celebs get discounts or vip access at boutiques. you might do if you're cool, but that's very different--it's not about how famous or rich you are. i think that's great. otherwise, style is just about money. what's different at sl is that you can't buy your way in.

so many wtf moments while reading this

jsimonovis413

Reaction score

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Words like Punky and cowboy boots being only for the hardcore are highlights for me. But what do I know, Harry Styles has never looked into my eyes and telepathically told me he wanted to dress like me.

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score
How are you guys wearing the bikers in spring summer (in a smart casual not-a-rapper kinda way)? I'm struggling to think of how I can get good wear out of them - has anybody tapered theirs below the leg to get it really fitted all the way down?

Any fit pics would be appreciated!

WonderingKnight

Reaction score

Hello everyone I am new here. Just recently bought The hat on this picture in size 57 and it doesn't fit me properly. It's new and unworn other than when I tried it on, Wondering if anyone has it on size 59 and willing to trade.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you just got it you should be able to return? I think the stores allow 10 days

WonderingKnight

Reaction score
Can't return it, I kept it for longer then that thinking I would keep it. Also the store ran out of the hat so its not like I can find my size anywhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads